Nigerian arrested with Rs.2.5 crore of cocaineMarch 2nd, 2012 - 12:46 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 1 (IANS) A Nigerian involved in drug trafficking was arrested here and 250 grams of cocaine worth Rs.2.5 crore in the international court seized from him, police said Thursday.
Humphrey O. Agbaru was arrested Wednesday from west Delhi’s Vikaspuri area on a tip off.
“He was a member of an international drug trafficking syndicate operating from Mumbai and Delhi. The drugs were supplied to high-profile clients and rave parties,” said a police official.
According to police, Agbaru first visited India in 1998 on a tourist visa. He later returned on a student visa that year and took admission in DAV College affiliated to the Lucknow University in Lucknow.
However, he was arrested when his visa expired and he returned home after coming out from jail in 2002.
He again returned to India later that year on a tourist visa and stayed in Mumbai from where he started exporting garments to Nigeria.
In 2006, he married an Indian woman from Maharashtra and came to Delhi. While he became an English tutor, his wife worked as maid. In 2009 he got a job in a private school in south Delhi.
Meanwhile, he came in contact with a fellow Nigerian when he was in Mumbai who was into drug trafficking. On his instructions, Agbaru started supplying cocaine in the capital.
As his original passport was lost and his visa had expired, he arranged a fake Botswanan passport with a fake Indian visa.
- Nigerian held with cocaine in Delhi - Mar 12, 2012
- Two arrested for peddling cocaine - Aug 28, 2012
- Nigerian drug peddler held in Delhi (Lead) - Jan 11, 2011
- Nigerian held with Rs.40 lakh cocaine - May 03, 2011
- Nigerian held for drug peddling - Feb 02, 2011
- Two Nigerians among three held for drug trafficking - Mar 10, 2011
- Nigerian drug peddler arrested - Mar 30, 2012
- Two Nigerians held for running drug racket - Mar 30, 2011
- Two Nigerians held in Hyderabad for supplying drugs - Oct 23, 2011
- Nigerian held with cocaine worth Rs.1.75 crore - Jan 01, 2012
- Five arrested for fake visa-passport racket (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Nigerian arrested with cocaine in Delhi - May 18, 2012
- Two foreigners held for drug trafficking - Oct 13, 2011
- Man held with 55 fake passports in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 31, 2011
- African held with Rs.2 crore-worth cocaine at Delhi airport (Lead) - Jan 23, 2012