NIFT to open centre in KeralaApril 18th, 2008 - 11:30 pm ICT by admin
Kannur (Kerala), April 18 (IANS) The ninth centre of the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) will be inaugurated here Saturday by Textile Minister Shankersinh Vaghela. While classes will begin at a temporary facility here in June, the centre will come up in three years at a 12-acre plot near Kannur University campus, 10 km from Kannur town.
The Kerala Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (Kinfra) is the nodal agency for establishing the NIFT centre here.
“The buildings will be ready in three years,” J. Krishnakumar, managing director of Kinfra Apparel Park, said here.
Kannur is known for its handloom textile products.
“The NIFT centre will help boost the export of handloom products from here,” Krishnakumar added.
- Central government promises textile park to Kerala - Apr 20, 2008
- Fashion institute branch in Himachal to start doctorate degrees - Aug 05, 2009
- Mulberry acreage to be expanded for boosting silk output - Jul 03, 2010
- Coast Guard to get its own training academy - May 26, 2011
- Event to promote handicraft, handloom sector - Aug 17, 2012
- Fashion jewellery exhibition from July 8 - Jun 30, 2011
- Steps to boost Indian apparel exports on anvil - Aug 07, 2012
- India's foreign trade to touch $750 billion bby fiscal-end - Jan 19, 2012
- Government measures will help boost exports: Industry - Jun 05, 2012
- Chandy to lead 'Emerging Kerala' road show in Mumbai (Lead) - May 13, 2012
- Textiles industry needs to encourage research and development: Vaghela - Apr 19, 2008
- Vaghela to lay foundation stone of ''Handloom Marketing Complex'' tomorrow - Feb 16, 2009
- Vaghela to lay foundation stone of ''Handloom Marketing Complex'' today - Feb 17, 2009
- Bangladesh's exports to India to double by June - Feb 20, 2012
- India's first Startup Village at Kochi - Jan 18, 2012