NID deadlock over shifting campus continuesJune 25th, 2008 - 11:52 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, June 25 (IANS) A section of the students of the Ahmedabad-based National Institute of Design (NID) has opposed the administration’s decision to hold classes at the new campus in neighbouring Gandhinagar. Nearly 50 post-graduate students have been boycotting classes and have not paid their fees.
“The NID governing council had decided to shift to the new campus on June 13. All transport arrangements have been made for commutation to the new campus from here. We are still trying to make out what the real problem is,” said Mihir Bholey, head of NID’s corporate communications.
The spacious new campus in Gandhinagar with its state-of-art facilities has been functioning for over two years. So far, it had been a transit campus and now it has been made permanent, Bholey told IANS.
“The shift is unavoidable as the postgraduate course will play an important role once NID becomes a deemed university,” he said.
Nearly 50 students of strategic design management, lifestyle and accessories, apparel, and toy and games design are on the warpath.
A proposed meeting between the students and NID director Darlie O. Koshy was cancelled, and the students blamed the director’s rigid stance for the cancellation.
- NID to be deemed university soon - Jun 24, 2008
- In 50th year,NID plans inclusive, green design modules - Jun 25, 2010
- IIM-B students skip lunch over Anna's arrest - Aug 17, 2011
- NID wins global sustainable auto-design contest - Oct 05, 2011
- Local students protest IIT campus on their college premises - Mar 24, 2010
- Rathore attacker is a bright, shy NID student - Feb 08, 2010
- Apparel export body expands educational, training initiatives - May 13, 2009
- Global academic 'roundtable' in Gujarat Jan 10 - Jan 07, 2011
- UP to ask NID to design packs for milk products - Mar 27, 2012
- Getting craftspeople connected to mainstream fashion - Jul 11, 2011
- Dashrath Patel's death marks end of a design era (Obituary) - Dec 03, 2010
- Four new NIDs to come up (With Images) - Dec 12, 2011
- Girl power in Jamia (To go with: Turkish language course flavour at Jamia) - Aug 05, 2012
- Government to set up an institute of design at Bhopal - Feb 25, 2009
- 'Teacher used students for research on nudity' - Jun 24, 2010