Nicolas Anelka signs with China’s Shanghai ShenhuaDecember 12th, 2011 - 8:12 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 12 (IANS) Out of favour Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka has signed a two-year deal with Chinese Super League football side Shanghai Shenhua.
Anelka is all set to join the Chinese club in January when the transfer window opens in the English Premier League, the club said on its official website Monday.
Shanghai, who finished 11th in the league last season, have also been linked with Anelka’s Chelsea team-mate and Ivory Coast international Didier Drogba.
Since arriving from Bolton Wanderers in January 2008, the 32-year-old Frenchman has scored 59 goals in 184 games for Chelsea.
- Drogba makes immediate impact in China - Jul 23, 2012
- Drogba signs with Shanghai Shenhua - Jun 20, 2012
- Shanghai Shenhua confirms contract with Drogba - Jun 19, 2012
- Drogba arrives in China to rousing reception - Jul 14, 2012
- Drogba confirms Chelsea exit - May 22, 2012
- Kalou, Bosingwa leave Chelsea - Jul 01, 2012
- Anelka's Chinese league debut ends in loss - Mar 17, 2012
- Champions League win my greatest achievement: Didier Drogba - Jun 17, 2012
- Chinese football pinning hopes on Seedorf and Drogba - May 22, 2012
- Don't want to leave Chelsea: Anelka - Jul 21, 2011
- Yakubu set to join Chinese club - Jun 29, 2012
- Drogba all set to stay at Chelsea - Apr 29, 2011
- I am ready for Chelsea debut: Oscar - Aug 18, 2012
- Chinese club prepares huge offer for Kaka? - Jun 28, 2012
- Yakubu shines on CSL debut - Jul 16, 2012
Tags: bolton wanderers, china, chinese club, didier drogba, english premier league, favour, frenchman, games, ivory coast, league football, london, nicolas anelka, shanghai shenhua, signs, striker, team mate