Nicky Hilton sues ex-business partner for $5 mnMay 14th, 2012 - 3:35 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, May 14 (IANS) American model Nicky Hilton has sued her former clothing line partners, Asher Group for $5 million, saying it was responsible for the failure of a high-end fashion venture that she undertook.
The sister of 31-year-old socialite Paris Hilton, Nicky signed a deal with Eliyahu Cohen and the Asher Group to launch Nicky Hilton Worldwide in 2006 and market top style products under her name, reports femalefirst.co.in.
She claimes they promised to provide $4.9 million in financing for the operation and pay her a guaranteed annual salary of $250,000 plus a 10 percent increase each year.
But in a lawsuit filed here in County Superior Court, Nicky said the Asher Group failed to secure the $4.9 million.
Nicky said Asher Group spent $9,000 per month on a personal assistant who “spent most of her time running personal errands for Asher and other tasks unrelated to NHW business”.
She claimed Asher and Cohen’s irresponsible conduct caused her company to not do well, leaving Nicky to clean up the mess.
Now, she is demanding at least $5 million in damages.
- Britney's show the best, say Hilton, Kardashian - Jun 22, 2011
- Hilton living in the moment - Aug 17, 2012
- Paris Hilton gets cozy with 'Hangover' director - Jul 03, 2011
- Paris Hilton sued over borrowed jewels - Apr 08, 2011
- Now, Paris Hilton's sis targeted by 'bling-ring' robbers - Dec 09, 2009
- Hilton's beau gifts her super-car on birthday - Feb 17, 2011
- Paris Hilton, family host charity party for ill kids - Dec 09, 2009
- Hilton denies being paid to party with billionaire - Jul 30, 2010
- Paris Hilton brushes off $35m hair lawsuit - Mar 09, 2011
- Paris Hilton looking for a man with 'normal job' - May 08, 2010
- Hilton angry with paparazzi - Jul 20, 2010
- Hilton may take legal action against author - Mar 24, 2011
- 'Paris Hilton is just part of group', says Malaysian businessman - Jul 29, 2010
- Peaches Geldof pregnant - Jan 06, 2012
- Paris Hilton to fight contract breach charge - Aug 14, 2010
Tags: 5 million, american model, annual salary, asher, business partner, clothing line, county superior court, damages, eliyahu, failure, fashion, hilton worldwide, irresponsible conduct, nicky hilton, paris hilton, paris hilton nicky, personal assistant, personal errands, style products, top style