NHRC team in Orissa for quick disposal of casesJanuary 17th, 2011 - 9:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 17 (IANS) A team from the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) will hold meetings with Orissa government authorities in Bhubaneswar Tuesday in an effort to dispose pending cases without delay, an official said. This is part of a nation-wide programme when NHRC teams will visit states and hold meetings with authorities to ensure speedy disposal of all pending cases with the commission. The Orissa visit is the first in the series.
“A commission delegation is in Orissa and will begin a three-day meeting tomorrow (Tuesday) to review all pending cases with the NHRC. This exercise will save time as the state’s response can be sought immediately in different cases instead of waiting for its replies,” an NHRC official said.
According to the official, there are 62 cases from Orissa pending with the commission.
“The first two days will be designated for disposal of the cases. There will be state authorities who will take part in the meeting. There will also be a workshop for the public and a meeting on bonded labour,” he added.
- Orissa asked to improve human rights situation - Jan 19, 2011
- NHRC pulls up Assam over witch hunting, custodial deaths - May 28, 2012
- NHRC concerned over crime against women in Assam - May 29, 2012
- NHRC holds two-day regional meet of southern States in Bangalore - Sep 16, 2010
- Dedicated cell in NHRC to deal with child labour - Aug 12, 2011
- Rights panel handled over 10 lakh cases since 1993 - Oct 12, 2011
- NHRC seeks solution on Mayanmarese asylum seekers - May 25, 2012
- Rights panel finalises Bhatta-Parsaul report - Jul 05, 2011
- Media should highlight rights violations: NHRC - Apr 27, 2012
- Panel planned for speedy disposal of CBI cases - May 16, 2012
- Government unveils anti-graft steps, to set up fast-track courts - Sep 15, 2011
- Media should highlight rights violations: NHRC (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Orissa may toughen law to evict, punish land encroachers - Oct 26, 2010
- BJP demands Patnaik's prosecution on pulses scam - Feb 08, 2011
- Odisha schools to revise class time due to cold wave - Dec 20, 2011
Tags: bhubaneswar, commission delegation, exercise, government authorities, human rights commission, labour, national human rights, national human rights commission, New Delhi, nhrc, orissa government, speedy disposal, state authorities