NHRC sends notice to Delhi governmentSeptember 12th, 2012 - 9:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 12 (IANS) The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) Wednesday issued notice to the Delhi government and police over the incident of a girl being crushed to death under a police barricade in south Delhi.
The girl, Sabina, and three of her friends had climbed onto the barricade, to use it as a swing when the chain restraining it snapped. While the three other children wriggled out, Sabina was killed.
The incident occurred in the Neb Sarai area Sep 3.
The Commission observed that the media report, if true, raises a serious issue of violation of human rights and issued a notice to the chief secretary, Government of NCT of Delhi and the commissioner of police, Delhi, calling for reports in the matter within four weeks.
- Minor girl dies as barricade falls on her - Sep 03, 2012
- NHRC issues notice to Jharkhand government - Sep 13, 2012
- NHRC notice to Haryana on abandoned baby girls - Jul 11, 2012
- Rights panel to probe girl's murder in police station - Jun 12, 2011
- NHRC notice on school turning away gangrape victim - Sep 13, 2012
- UP Police issued notice over woman's death - Apr 30, 2012
- NHRC issues notice to UP over cop thrashing vendor - Aug 29, 2012
- Rights panels urged to probe Bihar police assault on women - Sep 17, 2011
- Uphold dignity of women, Delhi Police told - Mar 16, 2011
- NHRC issues notice to Tamil Nadu police on killings - Feb 24, 2012
Tags: chief secretary, commissioner of police, delhi government, government of nct of delhi, human rights commission, national human rights, national human rights commission, nct of delhi, neb, New Delhi, nhrc, police barricade, sabina, sarai, south delhi, swing, violation of human rights