NHRC issues notice to UP over cop thrashing vendorAugust 29th, 2012 - 8:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 29 (IANS) The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) Wednesday issued a notice to the Uttar Pradesh government seeking report within four weeks over thrashing of a fruit vendor by a policeman when he could not pay a Rs.50 bribe in Allahabad.
“The commission took cognizance of this incident on the basis of a media report, forwarded by a complainant,” an NHRC statement said.
“The complaint carried a photograph wherein the constable is trying to overrun the victim under his motorcycle, thereby subjecting him to torture,” the commission said.
- NHRC seeks report on fake encounter in Manipur - Aug 30, 2012
- NHRC asks Bihar for report on students' thrashing - Jul 19, 2012
- Notice to Uttar Pradesh government on medical officer's death - Jun 24, 2011
- CBI probe demanded into Bihar girl's suicide - Sep 06, 2012
- NHRC issues notice to Tamil Nadu - Aug 29, 2012
- Sivakasi blast: NHRC notice to Tamil Nadu - Sep 07, 2012
- NHRC to collect facts on Kishenji killing - Nov 28, 2011
- NHRC issues notice to UP government - Jul 25, 2012
- Rights panel seeks report on fund misuse in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 13, 2011
- Delhi corporal punishment victim to be compensated - Mar 21, 2012
- NHRC serves notice to Delhi Police Commissioner in woman stripping incident - Jun 14, 2010
- Supreme Court declines to hear Bhatta-Parsaul probe plea (Lead) - May 30, 2011
- UP Police issued notice over woman's death - Apr 30, 2012
- NHRC issues notice to Tamil Nadu police on killings - Feb 24, 2012
- Notice to Uttar Pradesh Police for dereliction of duty - Apr 28, 2011
Tags: bribe, cognizance, complainant, constable, cop, fruit vendor, human rights commission, motorcycle, national human rights, national human rights commission, New Delhi, nhrc, photograph, policeman, rs 50, uttar pradesh government