NHRC issues notice to Delhi government, power discomSeptember 5th, 2012 - 10:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 5 (IANS) The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) Wednesday issued notice to the Delhi government and a power discom for not extending any medical aid to a person who sustained injury after a 90 feet-long electric pole fell on him.
“Delhi chief secretary and BSES, Yamuna Power Limited to submit reports within two weeks into allegations that a man got serious head and chest injuries when a 90 feet-long electric pole fell on him on Geeta Colony flyover while he was riding his bike, but the authorities have not considered extending him any medical aid till date,” said an NHRC statement.
The Commission registered a case on a media report forwarded by a complainant.
The incident allegedly happened on the afternoon of Aug 11, 2012.
Victim Amit Jain’s wife Rekha rushed him to LNJP hospital, where he was not attended to properly even after two hours of the accident. Thereafter, she got him shifted to St. Stephen hospital where he is currently in a critical condition.
“The media report reads that the PWD has given the charge of maintenance of the electric poles to BSES and it is their sole responsibility to ensure that the lights are properly maintained in every respect,” the statement said.
The Commission has observed that the contents of the press report, if true, raise a serious issue of violation of rights of the victim. While seeking a report into the incident from the authorities, the Commission has also directed them to inform as to whether any monetary assistance towards medical treatment has been provided to the victim.
- Delhi to extend financial help to BSES - Dec 27, 2011
- Power company employee electrocuted - Jan 21, 2011
- Court questions Delhi power firms on audit of accounts (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- Power to cost more in Delhi, Dikshit indicates - Jun 25, 2012
- 'CAG to audit accounts of Delhi discoms' - Mar 12, 2012
- Two men killed in freak Delhi accident (Second Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Two men die in freak Delhi accident (Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Delhi agrees to CAG audit of power companies - Sep 14, 2011
- Delhi power discoms seek hike in electricity prices - May 06, 2010
- NHRC orders relief to kin of child killed in gate collapse - Aug 24, 2012
- Delhi homes hit by 20 percent power rate hike - Jun 26, 2012
- Beam at Delhi flyover causes male nurse's death - Apr 29, 2012
- Delhi hospital gets notice over radioactive waste - Aug 04, 2011
- NHRC notice to home ministry over handling of Maoist bodies - Jun 29, 2010
- Take safety measures for incident-free monsoon, Delhiites told - Jul 08, 2012