Neyveli Lignite to raise Rs.18.5 bnJanuary 2nd, 2009 - 5:33 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Jan 2 (IANS) The Rs.36.38-billion ($744 million) mining-cum-power company Neyveli Lignite Corp (NLC) will raise Rs.18.5 billion to fund its expansion projects.The company’s board has sanctioned raising Rs.5 billion through private placement of secured non-convertible taxable bonds with an option to retain over-subscription up to Rs.1 billion and Rs.12.5 billion through a mix of rupee term loans, external commercial borrowing (ECB), and issue of bonds in one or more tranches.
The funds will be used to meet the capital expenditure relating to expansion of its Mine-II by 4.5 million tonne per annum 9 (mtpa), 500 MW thermal power plant at Neyveli, as well as the 2.1 mtpa mining and power plant (250 MW) at Barsingsar in Rajasthan.
The total project cost is estimated around Rs.66 billion and will be funded with a debt-equity mix of 70:30.
“The private placement of bonds of Rs.5 billion will be in June and we hope to do that at an interest rate that is slightly lower than 9 percent,” NLC finance director J.N. Prasanna Kumar told IANS.
He said the remaining Rs.12.5 billion will be raised in phases when the payments to vendors are due.
“The first instalment of around Rs.6 billion will be raised sometime this June-July and the next tranche will be around January 2010,” Kumar said.
NLC has already raised around Rs.28 billion, Rs.25 billion through a consortium of bankers and Rs.3 billion through the ECB route.
During 2007-08, NLC made a capital expenditure of Rs.17 billion.
- Neyveli Lignite Corp to add 1,000 MW this fiscal - May 28, 2012
- BHEL looks at South African market for CFBC boilers - Jan 31, 2012
- Neyveli Lignite Corp planning to raise Rs.19 bn - Aug 05, 2008
- Techincal problems continue to dog Neyveli lignite unit - Apr 10, 2012
- Neyveli Lignite to power capacity to 4,640 MW by 2015 - Jul 08, 2011
- Neyveli Lignite to soon finalise power equipment suppliers - May 29, 2012
- Neyveli Lignite plans to enter power transmission sector - May 27, 2011
- Neyveli Lignite seeks to commission 250 MW unit in Rajasthan - Oct 10, 2009
- Neyveli Lignite to add 250 MW power this fiscal - Dec 24, 2011
- Neyveli Lignite set to light 250 MW unit - Nov 21, 2011
- BHEL to commission piping plant in Tamil Nadu in April - Jan 30, 2012
- Neyveli Lignite to outsource mining in new Rajasthan mines - Oct 19, 2009
- Neyveli Lignite blames BHEL for production hitch - May 28, 2011
- NHAI to garner Rs.10,000 crore from market for projects - Dec 26, 2011
- A.R.Ansari is head of Neyveli Lignite Corp - Dec 18, 2008