Next 48 hours crucial for injured Malayalam comedian (Lead)March 10th, 2012 - 6:35 pm ICT by IANS
Kozhikode (Kerala), March 10 (IANS) Doctors attending on Malayalam film comedian Jagathy Sreekumar, who was seriously hurt in a road accident in the wee hours of Saturday, have said the next 48 hours are crucial for him.
K. Varma, who led the surgical team which performed a surgery on the actor’s stomach to stop internal bleeding, later told reporters that the operation was successful.
“This is a good indication, but still the next 48 hours are very crucial for him. He has now been put on ventilator,” said Varma.
A team of top medical experts is monitoring the condition of the ace comedian at the private hospital where he is admitted.
“He requires a few more surgeries as he has got multiple injuries and with one now over, the team of doctors will now decide about the other surgeries to be performed,” said another doctor.
Earlier in the day, soon after he was admitted to the hospital, Venugopal, chief of the 10-member panel of doctors treating the ace comedian, said he had suffered multiple injuries.
“He has injuries in the neck, chest, abdomen and, if necessary, he will have to undergo surgery,” said Venugopal.
Jagathy, 62, has acted in more than 1,000 Malayalam films.
Hearing the news of the accident, numerous film personalities have been arriving to find out about Jagathy’s condition.
The accident occurred near the Kozhikode University campus around 4.30 a.m. when the Innova car carrying him hit a divider, police said. The driver of the car escaped with minor injuries, while the actor was badly hurt, police said.
Jagathy was on his way from Thrissur to Coorg in Karnataka to join the location of director Lenin Rajendran’s latest film.
Due to the accident, more than a dozen films in Malayalam which are under various stages of production will be affected.
- Malayalam film comedian seriously injured - Mar 10, 2012
- Injured Malayalam comedian's health improves - Mar 11, 2012
- Comedian Jagathy Sreekumar to undergo surgery - Mar 13, 2012
- Jagathy recovering well post surgery - Mar 14, 2012
- Injured Malayalam comedian's health improves further - Mar 12, 2012
- Ace comedian Jagathy shifted to Vellore hospital - Apr 12, 2012
- Kerala comedian Jagathy not to endorse lottery - Aug 28, 2010
- Dileep, Swetha Menon win top honours at Kerala film awards - Jul 19, 2012
- 'Pazhassi Raja' Selected At Fukuoka Film Festival - Sep 01, 2010
- Santosh Sivan's Film On Vasco Da Gama's Death - Jul 06, 2010
- Baby Falak critical, next 48 hours till Thursday crucial (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- Shafi titles his latest movie as Marykkundru Kunjaadu - Aug 24, 2010
- Meera Jasmine returns to Malayalam cinema - Oct 23, 2009
- Jagathy Sreekumar Will Not Do Lottery Ads Anymore - Sep 02, 2010
- Santosh Sivan to act - Nov 05, 2009
Tags: abdomen, divider, dozen films, film comedian, film personalities, karnataka, kerala, lenin, malayalam films, medical experts, member panel, minor injuries, private hospital, rajendran, road accident, sreekumar, surgeries, thrissur, ventilator, wee hours