Newspaper hawker hacked to death by neighbourAugust 18th, 2012 - 9:55 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, Aug 18 (IANS) A newspaper hawker was hacked to death by his neighbour who also grievously injured the hawker’s wife who tried to save her husband.
Police said the deceased, Kulbhushan Jain, was attacked by Samir Chatterjea, with whom he had a dispute over some construction.
The condition of the hawker’s wife is stated to be serious. She has been admitted to a private nursing home.
Chatterjea and his son Mangal are absconding. The police have taken Chatterjea’s wife into custody.
The son and teenage daughter of the deceased are also newspaper hawkers.
- Four of a family killed near Agra - May 24, 2011
- Man kills wife, two daughters - Jul 06, 2012
- Youth arrested for raping, beating teen domestic help - Apr 12, 2012
- India's first air ambulance crash kills 10, probe ordered (Roundup) - May 26, 2011
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes arrested legislator's mother - Jan 31, 2012
- Irked at illicit relationship, sons shoot mother-paramour dead - Jun 15, 2012
- Teenager sodomises, kills boy in Punjab - Jul 06, 2011
- Six of family killed in UP - May 28, 2012
- Munni is Falak's mother, say police; two more arrested (Roundup) - Feb 07, 2012
- Couple shot dead in Haryana city, attacker arrested (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Husband facilitates wife's gang rape in Bengal, absconding - Mar 23, 2012
- MCD employee poisons relative, arrested - May 04, 2012
- BJP legislator's son shot dead in UP - May 08, 2012
- Man kills wife over domestic spat - May 18, 2011
- No newspapers for Hyderabad as hawkers join Telangana stir - Sep 29, 2011