Newly recruited servent drugs employer, decamps with jewelleryJanuary 29th, 2011 - 11:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 29 (IANS) A newly-recruited servant allegedly drugged his employer and his wife in west Delhi and decamped with jewellery. The police are yet to reveal the exact amount of the theft. According to the police, the theft took place Jan 27 night at M-Block in Vikaspuri area of West Delhi.
“Narendra Dogra (65), who retired from the Delhi High Court, recruited a Nepali servant Jan 26 when his previous servant resigned. The next day the servant mixed sedative tablets in the dinner,” Assistant Commissioner of Police G. Ramgopal Naik told IANS.
After Narendra and his wife Kavita fell asleep, the servant opened the almirahs and lockers and decamped with the jewellery.
Kavita is a sister of senior Intelligence Bureau official P.K. Bhardwaj.
According to police sources, the servant fled with jewellery worth Rs.12 lakh to Rs.15 lakh, but Naik said the amount has not yet been substantiated.
“The servant did not touch the cash kept in the house, but only took the jewellery,” added Naik.
Police also found empty liquor bottles used by the servant leading them to suspect the involvement of others.
It was Narendra’s son who found his parents still unconscious next morning and the house ransacked. He informed the police and rushed his parents to Mata Chanan Devi Hospital from where they were discharged Friday.
The servant’s identity could not be verified by the police.
“We had sent the verification form Jan 26, but it was left blank. We are investigating the incident,” the official said
- Servant loots former employer's house - May 04, 2011
- Jewellery worth Rs.14.5 lakh stolen from Delhi house - Jan 26, 2011
- Man arrested for killing legislator's wife - Aug 04, 2010
- Robbers strike bank officer's house, loot Rs.8 lakh - Feb 03, 2011
- Rs.50 lakh recovered from killer of legislator's wife (Lead) - Aug 04, 2010
- Police nab criminal who fled custody - Jan 10, 2012
- Flat of ex-poll official's son burgled - Jan 15, 2012
- Domestic help held for robbing employer - Mar 11, 2011
- West Delhi area rocked by four robberies in 90 minutes - Jan 10, 2011
- Get servants verified: Delhi Police - May 12, 2011
- Rs.10 lakh burglary in Delhi - Mar 05, 2011
- Dacoits loot cash, jewellery in east Delhi - Apr 17, 2011
- Former maid, paramour arrested for robbing French national's house - Apr 22, 2012
- Rajya Sabha official's house burgled - Oct 13, 2011
- Power company employee electrocuted - Jan 21, 2011
Tags: assistant commissioner, commissioner of police, decamps, delhi high court, dogra, intelligence bureau, jan 29, jewellery, lakh, liquor bottles, lockers, naik, narendra, New Delhi, next morning, police sources, sedative, servant, west delhi, worth rs