Newly-married couple among 20 killed in Karnataka accidentsDecember 4th, 2010 - 9:04 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Dec 4 (IANS) A total of 20 people, including a newly-wed couple, were killed in two accidents in Karnataka - 13 Saturday and seven late Friday, police said.
Thirteen people, all from Latur in Maharashtra, were killed and four injured when their car collided with a state road transport corporation bus near Bidar in north Karnataka Saturday, police said.
They were returning home after a visit to the temple town of Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh.
In late Friday’s incident, seven people of a marriage party including the couple who got married on Dec 1, were killed when their vehicle collided with a sand-laden lorry in Mandya district in south Karnataka, police said.
The 23-year-old bride Mamatha died on the spot while her husband Shivaraj, 25, succumbed to injuries in a hospital in Mandya, they said.
- Six dead in Bengal road accident - Apr 22, 2012
- 11 killed in road accident in Bengal - Mar 17, 2012
- Three killed in Tripura road mishap - Dec 06, 2011
- 35 dead, 10 missing in Bangladesh boat capsize - Dec 19, 2010
- Eight killed in Andhra road accident - Oct 30, 2010
- 100 missing as boat capsizes in Bangladesh (Lead) - Jul 05, 2010
- Groom, six others killed on way back from wedding - Apr 24, 2012
- 7 killed, 16 injured in Bengal accident - Jun 09, 2012
- Twelve members of marriage party killed in West Bengal - Jul 09, 2010
- Seven killed in Chhattisarh road accident - Dec 14, 2010
- Eight dead in Tamil Nadu accident - Nov 06, 2011
- 1 killed, many injured as LPG tanker explodes - Aug 28, 2012
- Two killed, 21 hurt in China road accident - Dec 18, 2011
- Four burnt alive in Haryana accident - Dec 17, 2011
- Ten burnt to death in bus-lorry collision in Tamil Nadu - Sep 08, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,