Newborn girl found dead in Delhi drainJanuary 18th, 2011 - 7:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 18 (IANS) A newborn baby girl’s body, with the umbilical cord intact, was found floating in a sewage drain near the railway tracks in north Delhi Tuesday morning, police said.”A passerby near Kishanganj sewage drain near the railway tracks in Sarai Rohilla saw a dead girl child floating in the drain and called the police control room around 10 a.m,” a police officer said.
Police rushed to the spot and fished out the body. “The dead child was still having the umbilical cord and might have been thrown into the drain two days ago,” he added.
The body has been sent to the Sabzi Mandi mortuary.
- Five murders in Delhi - Jul 08, 2011
- Missing youth's mutilated body found - Jul 31, 2011
- Dog rescues newborn baby in Ghana - Jun 10, 2012
- Body in pieces: Police question victim's friend - Sep 04, 2012
- Naked woman's body found in Delhi hospital premises - Apr 26, 2012
- Woman's headless body found chopped, stuffed in bag (Lead) - Mar 17, 2012
- Railways run 'Mosquito Terminator' to fight dengue - Aug 19, 2010
- High testosterone retards language skills in boys - Jan 30, 2012
- New-born girl's body found in west Delhi dump - Feb 24, 2012
- Child drowns in Ghaziabad drain - Jul 13, 2012
- Teenage girl's body found on railway track - Jul 19, 2011
- Baby found stuffed in shoebox - Aug 19, 2010
- Missing businessman's body found, murder suspected - Feb 22, 2012
- Two bodies found on rail track in southeast Delhi - May 09, 2010
- Newborn girl's body found in train - Feb 15, 2011