Newborn girl found abandoned in RajasthanJuly 7th, 2011 - 7:52 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, July 7 (IANS) A newborn girl was found abandoned in a railway crossing control room in Rajasthan’s Dungarpur district, police said Wednesday.
A passerby noticed the girl after he heard her crying. The police were informed and the girl was rushed to a hospital in Dungarpur, some 500 km from here.
“We have launched investigations and registered a case against an unidentified woman,” a police officer told IANS.
Rajasthan has recently been in news for increasing cases of female foeticide and female infanticide.
According to Census 2011, Rajasthan has 883 girls between the age of 0-6 for every 1,000 boys. The child sex ratio in 2001 was 909.
Alarmed over the state’s skewed sex ratio, the state government recently announced steps to curb pre-natal sex determination tests at ultrasound clinics.
The steps include increasing the number of health department inspection teams and equipping them with devices like hidden cameras and voice recorders.
The state government has also increased the amount of money given to a person who complains about errant ultrasound clinics.
- Body of newborn girl found - Mar 27, 2012
- Rajasthan doctor booked for female foeticide - Nov 02, 2011
- Girl's foetus found in Rajasthan town - Apr 20, 2012
- Court asks Rajasthan to explain action against female child killing - Mar 30, 2012
- Another newborn girl's body found in Jaipur - Mar 28, 2012
- Woman arrested for killing daughter - Jan 07, 2012
- Fourth foetus found in Jaipur - Mar 31, 2012
- Aamir Khan to meet Gehlot over female foeticide - May 09, 2012
- Post 'Satyamev Jayate' Aamir to meet Gehlot - May 07, 2012
- Special police station to probe Rajasthan foeticide cases - Sep 17, 2012
- Two female foetuses recovered in Rajasthan - Nov 06, 2011
- Borther cries foul, woman unable to bear boy child dies - Oct 20, 2011
- Sex ratio fall: Rajasthan steps up raids on clinics - May 28, 2011
- Baby girl found abandoned by wayside - Sep 04, 2011
- Rajasthan cracks down on sonography centres - May 10, 2012
Tags: amount of money, census, child sex, district police, dungarpur, female foeticide, female infanticide, health department, hidden cameras, investigations, newborn girl, passerby, police officer, railway, sex determination, sex ratio, state government, ultrasound, unidentified woman, voice recorders