New Zealand’s late dash brings rowing gold in scullsAugust 2nd, 2012 - 6:47 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 2 (IANS/RIA Novosti) World champion pair Nathan Cohen and Joseph Sullivan of New Zealand timed a final burst to perfection to take rowing gold in the heavyweight double sculls Thursday.
Cohen and Sullivan paddled past Slovenia’s Luka Spik and Iztok Cop in the last 200 metres to claim gold in 6 minutes, 31.67 seconds.
Italian duo Alessio Sartori and Romano Battisti raced past the beleaguered Slovenians to snatch silver in 6:32.86, by half a second.
Slovenia took bronze by one hundredth of a second from Argentina.
- Danes snatch rowing gold from Britain - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympics: Ukraine glide to gold in quadruple sculls - Aug 01, 2012
- Olympics: Hungarian duo wins Kayak gold - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympic rowing: New Zealand's Drysdale takes single sculls gold - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympics: Czech Knapkova glides to rowing gold - Aug 04, 2012
- Phelps scrapes into 400m individual medley final - Jul 28, 2012
- Schmitt wins women's 200m freestyle - Aug 01, 2012
- Olympic rowing: Germans row to quadruple sculls gold - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympics: Canoe sprint gold for New Zealand's Carrington - Aug 11, 2012
- America's Adrian wins 100m Olympic freestyle gold - Aug 02, 2012
- Olympics: Gold for Tunisia's Mellouli in marathon swimming - Aug 10, 2012
- Defeat no tragedy, it's just a match: Nadal - Jun 29, 2012
- Olympic boxing: Kazakhstan's Sapiyev wins welterweight gold - Aug 12, 2012
- Olympics: Germany's Brendel paddles to canoe gold - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympics: Italian wins taekwondo gold - Aug 12, 2012