New Satyam CEO to be selected by FridayJanuary 22nd, 2009 - 4:26 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Jan 22 (IANS) The Satyam board will decide on the new chief executive officer (CEO) and chief financial officer (CFO) at its meeting in Hyderabad, industry and commerce minister Ashwani Kumar said here Thursday.”The new board is meeting in Hyderabad today (Thursday) and tomorrow (Friday). It will finalise the names of the new CEO and CFO,” Kumar told reporters on the margins of an industry conference.
“The first priority is to have a CEO. He should be a right man with right capacity and total credibility,” Kumar said.
Satyam’s newly-formed board Wednesday said it has received a large number of applications for the positions of the CEO and CFO.
“I have got 40 applications. We are in the process of finding good candidates,” Deepak Parekh, a board member and chairman of the Housing Development Finance Corp (HDFC), told reporters in Mumbai. He did not elaborate.
A day earlier, the board had confirmed being “approached by potential buyers”.
- After buyers, CEO-aspirants now target Satyam - Jan 21, 2009
- Satyam board meets Tuesday, may name new CEO - Jan 26, 2009
- New Satyam board meets, to get new accounting firm - Jan 12, 2009
- Satyam to get new CEO next week (Second Lead) - Jan 23, 2009
- Six-member Satyam board to meet for a third time today - Jan 22, 2009
- Satyam board meeting underway, focus on firm's finances - Jan 17, 2009
- Satyam's new board hunts for CEO and CFO (Lead) - Jan 12, 2009
- Satyam is retaining its clients: Parekh - Jan 21, 2009
- Government not to intervene in Satyam: Minister - Jan 15, 2009
- Deepak Parekh on BAE Systems' India Advisory Board - Jul 01, 2010
- New board shortlists three for Satyam's top posts (Lead) - Jan 23, 2009
- Satyam board in talks with banks, financial institutions (Lead) - Jan 17, 2009
- Satyam board knocks on banks' doors, sends out positive signals (Roundup) - Jan 17, 2009
- Satyam hunts for CEO, PM briefed on developments (Intro Roundup) - Jan 13, 2009
- Satyam to remain stand alone entity, says Mahindra (Second Lead) - Apr 20, 2009