New relics found in UAEJanuary 17th, 2012 - 11:49 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Jan 17 (IANS/WAM) The department of archaeology and heritage in Umm Al Qaiwain in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has announced the discovery of new relics at the al-Dur archaeological site.
Some of the items found include a bronze ring, glass beads, a jar containing a glazed-pottery dish, iron arrows and dagger blades.
Archaeological excavations that started in 1970 continue till date.
- UAE Heritage Festival inaugurated - Apr 24, 2012
- UAE archaeologists discover 3,000 B.C. pottery - May 19, 2009
- Heart disease awareness campaign begins in Dubai - Apr 14, 2012
- UAE emirate to release 162 prisoners in Ramadan - Aug 01, 2011
- Prayers for rain performed across UAE - Dec 31, 2011
- UAE to open 140 new mosques in 2011 - Jun 28, 2011
- UAE to have special village for orphans - Jul 05, 2012
- UAE oil tanker freed by pirates - Jul 29, 2011
- UAE rulers greet nation on 40th national day - Dec 03, 2011
- UAE releases over 80 prisoners - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE's Fujairah pardons 45 prisoners - Jul 22, 2012
- UAE releases silver commemorative coins - Jan 22, 2011
- UAE, Belgium discuss bilateral cooperation - Jan 09, 2012
- UAE, Cyprus review bilateral ties - Jul 04, 2012
- Amnesty for prisoners on UAE national day - Nov 30, 2011