New Harry Potter book hits stands across globeDecember 4th, 2008 - 10:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 4 (IANS) The new Harry Potter book, “The Tales of the Beedle and the Bard” by J.K. Rowling - a collection of five tales - hit the stands across the world Thursday. The book has been published by the Children’s High Level Group in association with Bloomsbury and distributed in India by the Penguin Books at a special price of Rs.599, a press release issued by the Penguin India said Thursday.
“The Tales of the Beedle and the Bard” - the newest addition to the Harry Potter canons - played an important role in assisting Harry and his friends Ron and Hermione to crush Lord Voldemort in the last Potter book, “Harry and the Deathly Hallows”.
The five stories, which are almost like short fairy tales, are “The Tale of the Three Brothers”, which has been recounted in “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows”, “Fountain of Fair Fortune”, “The Warlock’s Hairy Heart”, “The Wizard and the Popping Pot” and “Babbity, Rabbity and her Cackling Stump”.
Each tale has its own magical character. “The Tales of the Beedle and the Bard”, translated from the original runes by Hermione Granger, the female lead of the Potter novels, has been introduced and illustrated by Rowling.
The book also includes notes on the stories by Professor Albus Dumbledore - which “appear by the generous permission of the Hogwarts Headmasters’ Archive”.
The Children’s High Level Group is an English charity co-founded by Rowling and Emma Nicholson to help children suffering in institutions.
The book has been published in three editions, which will be distributed by Bloomsbury, Scholastic and Amazon.
- Preview Of Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part I: Creepy And Nerve-Racking - Nov 13, 2010
- India Eagerly Waiting For Upcoming Harry Potter Flick - Nov 10, 2010
- J.K. Rowling's back with prequel to the seven Potter series - Nov 20, 2008
- J.K. Rowlings Harry Potter farewell book set to hit bookshelves - Dec 03, 2008
- Daniel Radcliffe Wears a Bra In “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” - Oct 21, 2010
- 'Harry Potter And The Deathly...' highest global grosser - Mar 11, 2011
- Fans dress in cloaks, hats to theatres for Potter farewell - Jul 16, 2011
- Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 - Nov 20, 2010
- Harry Potter becomes experiential in digital space - Jun 24, 2011
- "Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows" Part 1 Trailer Intrigues Fans - Sep 23, 2010
- Evil Lord Voldemort finally gets his hands on Harry Potter in last movie - Jun 29, 2010
- Harry Potter Theme Park To Open Soon - May 30, 2010
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Box Office: Crown was its destiny - Nov 22, 2010
- 'Deathly Hallow' - darkest 'Harry Potter' movie - Jun 28, 2010
- J K Rowlings fairytales to go under the hammer - Dec 11, 2007