‘New class 10 ICT textbook with animation and GIS’February 27th, 2012 - 12:34 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Feb 27 (IANS) For the first time in the country, class 10 students in Kerala would be taught cartography using the detailed geographical information system (GIS) and will also be able to create their own animation films.
The new text book has been prepared by the state’s IT@School Project and would be applicable for Class 10 students opting for the state-run Secondary School Leaving Certificate examination.
The textbook, which has been prepared on free software platform includes nine chapters on website creation, hardware troubleshooting, computer networking, graphic design, database management and ICT enabled learning, among others.
The new text is a continuation of the ICT-enabled learning begun in class 8 in 2010 and in class 9 in 2011. It has been prepared by a committee under K. Anvar Sadath, executive director of the IT@School Project.
Apart from the Malayalam version, the text book will also be available in English, Tamil and Kannada.
“IT@School Project has also made arrangements for specific handbook for teachers as well as training programmes, using video tutorials in order to ensure effective classroom transaction of the new ICT Textbook for class 10,” said Sadath.
- Kerala's ICT textbook to teach audio, video technology - Feb 21, 2011
- 45,000 Kerala students to be trained in IT - Dec 21, 2010
- Intel donates 625 laptops for Kerala e-learning school project - Oct 02, 2011
- Kerala school project gets global recognition - Dec 02, 2010
- Differently-abled students in Kerala to be made computer literate - Nov 01, 2011
- Visually challenged teachers learn computers - Aug 04, 2011
- And now Kerala to air educational reality show - Sep 01, 2010
- Five Kerala schools get infotech upgrade - Dec 29, 2010
- Kerala plans 140 specialized computer schools - Aug 01, 2010
- Kerala's IT@School Project to train Parents - Aug 14, 2011
- Free animation skills for Kerala school kids - Apr 29, 2011
- Kerala to formulate separate policy on ICT in education - May 28, 2010
- Kerala education channel to go online Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2010
- Now Skoool web technologies in all Kerala schools - Feb 20, 2010
- Data base of six million Kerala students to be prepared - Aug 19, 2011
Tags: animation films, anvar, certificate examination, class 8, computer networking, continuation, database management, design database, executive director, free software, geographical information system, geographical information system gis, graphic design, hardware troubleshooting, leaving certificate, secondary school, software platform, tamil, textbook, video tutorials