New case filed against Pinki PramanikJuly 13th, 2012 - 11:11 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 13 (IANS) Another case was filed against athlete Pinki Pramanik Friday, this time alleging a criminal breach of trust.
After spending 26 days in jail, Asian Games gold medallist Pinki, accused of being a male and committing rape, was Wednesday released from a correctional home in West Bengal’s North 24-Parganas district after getting bail a day earlier.
Pinki, in judicial custody since June 15, was granted bail by the district and sessions judge.
Pinki was arrested June 14 and remanded to judicial custody by a court the next day after the athlete’s live-in partner, a divorcee and a mother of one, filed a police complaint accusing the sportsperson of being a male who repeatedly “raped and tortured” her.
The woman who had alleged Pinki of raping her has filed the new case Friday, alleging a criminal breach of trust at Barasat court.
“The woman who had earlier accused Pinki of rape, has now alleged that her personal belongings are still in Piniki’s possession and that Pinki is refusing to hand them over to her. The court will hear the case soon,” Pinki’s lawyer, Tuhin Roy, said.
Roy asserted that Pinki shouldn’t be bothered about the new case.
Subsequent to the arrest, Pinki was taken to a private nursing home for a medical check-up where the test reports claimed that the athlete was indeed a male. The athlete was taken to the Barasat district hospital and finally to the SSKM for the tests.
Pinki, who retired from athletics three years ago, won gold in the 4×400 metres relay at the 2006 Asian Games in Doha in Qatar. Pinki was a silver medallist at the Melbourne Commonwealth Games the same year.
- Former athlete Pinki Pramanik gets bail - Jul 10, 2012
- Pinki denied bail, remanded to further judicial custody - Jun 29, 2012
- Pinki released from jail, alleges being framed (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Former athlete Pinki Pramanik gets bail (Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Pinki files theft complaint against live-in partner - Jul 15, 2012
- Athlete Pinki undergoes gender test again in Kolkata - Jun 25, 2012
- Pinki undergoes sex test - Jun 19, 2012
- Pinki undergoes medical test, result Tuesday - Jun 18, 2012
- Pinki alleges harassment in police custody (Second Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Athlete Pinki's blood sample taken for chromosomal test - Jul 02, 2012
- Pinki's gender test report reaches hospital - Jul 09, 2012
- MMS showing Pinki undergoing gender test goes viral online - Jul 02, 2012
- Pinki undergoes gender test, medical board seeks more time (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Pinki reinstated in Railway job, joins duty - Aug 10, 2012
- Pinki undergoes sex test (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
Tags: asian games, athlete, breach of trust, criminal breach of trust, divorcee, doha, games gold, judicial custody, june 14, medical check, melbourne commonwealth games, new case, nursing home, personal belongings, police complaint, pramanik, silver medallist, sportsperson, sskm, west bengal