New-born baby boy found abandoned in GurgaonMay 12th, 2012 - 7:54 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, May 12 (IANS) A baby boy was found abandoned near the main market of this technical hub of Haryana, police said, adding this was the fourth such case in less than a month. The other three abandoned children were girls.
The baby, who seemed only four to five days old was heard crying in the Jain Baradari area near the Sadar Bazar late Friday by passers-by, who informed police.
City Station House Officer Rajender Singh told IANS that the baby was kept near the rear wall of the Jain temple. He was dressed in a blue sleeveless T-shirt and white shorts and was wrapped in white wollen shawl.
The infant was taken to the Civil Hospital, where he was admitted in the neo-natal intensive care unit. An attendant there said the baby seems to be four days old and is quite healthy, weighing 2.8 kg.
There are some indications that the boy was born at some hospital.
In earlier incidents, a 45-day-old baby girl was found abandoned April 12 under a tree in the Civil Hospital premises.
Another new-born baby girl was found dumped in a garbage dump at Dundahera on the Gurgaon-Delhi border April 19. The four to five-day-old premature and underweight girl was taken to the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Research at Rohtak, but died there in May.
A 10-day-old baby girl was found abandoned in the old jail complex of the city April 25.
- Second abandoned infant found in Gurgaon in a week - Apr 18, 2012
- Baby girl abandoned in Gurgaon - Apr 25, 2012
- Body of day-old girl found in well in Rajasthan - Jun 12, 2012
- Day-old girl found abandoned at Pune garbage dump - Jun 25, 2011
- Rajasthan couple tries to bury new born girl alive - Jul 03, 2012
- Unfolding at Haryana hospital - saga of abandoned daughters - May 01, 2012
- Abandoned HIV positive woman finds succour in Delhi shelter (With Image) - Jul 11, 2012
- Action against Punjab health officials for infant's death - Aug 17, 2012
- Government needs to watch every baby girl: NCPCR - Apr 09, 2012
- Baby girl found abandoned by wayside - Sep 04, 2011
- New-born girl dumped near sewer in Udaipur - Apr 14, 2012
- New-born girl killed in Jharkhand, woman blames husband - Apr 18, 2012
- Search on for abandoned girl's parents in Rajasthan - May 23, 2012
- Infant stolen from government hospital in Hyderabad - Aug 17, 2010
- 11-month boy stolen from Hyderabad hospital - Oct 26, 2010
Tags: born baby boy, garbage dump, girls, graduate institute, hospital premises, house officer, hub, intensive care unit, jain temple, medical research, new born baby, old baby girl, post graduate, rohtak, sadar bazar, shawl, station house, t shirt