Netcore, US firm tie up for events news on mobilesSeptember 11th, 2008 - 8:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 11 (IANS) Mumbai-based Netcore Solutions has tied up with US-owned Buzzintown.com to provide news of events in metro cities to those mobile phone users who opt for it, a company statement said here Thursday.Netcore arm MyToday Dailies, a leading provider of opt-in news via short messaging service (SMS) on mobile phones will initially provide the service in Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore.
Later, the service will be extended to Ahmedabad, Chennai, Jaipur, Lucknow, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Pune, the statement said.
To get the news service on their mobile phones, users will have to SMS “START BuzzinMum” or “START BuzzinDel” or “START BuzzinBlr” to 56070 and receive information on all that is happening in the respective cities via a free daily SMS.
“We are always looking to introduce unique value added services to our subscribers,” said MyToday Dailies chief executive Abhijit Saxena.
“Our tie-up with Buzzintown.com offers us the opportunity to bring information on events and happenings to users of Buzzintown’s online portal and our existing subscriber base,” he added.
Talking about the tie up, the Buzzintown managing director Amitabh Saran said: “Our tie-up with MyToday enables our users to have access to their favourite high-quality event content wherever they are.”
“What’s more, MyToday’s unique subscriber base of close to four million helps us grow our reach,” he added.
Most event listings services limit their information to two or three big events. Buzzintown.com, however, provides information on the whole gamut of happenings in any city.
It covers a wide range of categories and genres including cultural programmes, concerts, plays, DJ gigs, live bands, film festivals, special screenings, business exhibitions, sports, food festivals and social gatherings.
Started less than a year back, MyToday Dailies, a brainchild of technocrat Rajesh Jain, already has a subscriber base of about four million voluntary users.
Recently, the GSMA, (mobile world’s largest trade body) voted Netcore’s MyToday Dailies as one of the select few “True Mobile Start-ups” in the whole mobile world.
Buzzintown.com is a premier Internet portal dedicated to the promotion of events and entertainment in India, with presence in 10 cities including Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Ahmedabad Jaipur, Lucknow and Bangalore.
It provides detailed information on events, venues, artiste profiles, groups, producers and other stakeholders of the event industry, the statement said.
It also provides a platform for online ticketing and merchandiSing sales, and has launched online theatre ticket bookings as a start.
Buzzintown.com is owned by Wortal Inc, a US-headquartered, Intel Capital-backed company.
- CyberMedia launches technology news service on mobile phones - Aug 28, 2008
- BSNL launches Bharat Berry push e-mail service - Nov 14, 2011
- Now SMS in local language with IMImobile's app - Sep 05, 2011
- Reliance launches SMS based mobile conferencing (Lead) - Oct 26, 2010
- China has 1.06 bn mobile phone connections - Aug 28, 2012
- Free ad service on voice calls unveiled in Karnataka - Jul 01, 2011
- Way2SMS reaches 20 million users - Sep 14, 2011
- Mobile advertising perfect for small firms - Sep 11, 2011
- Mobile marketing set to explode in India - Aug 25, 2008
- India lacks product development for software: Sabeer Bhatia - Dec 20, 2011
- China Mobile to offer cloud storage service - Aug 22, 2012
- Over 50 mn opted for mobile number portability till May - Jul 05, 2012
- A billion cellphone users in China! - Apr 20, 2012
- 32.79 mn subscribers opt for mobile number portability - Mar 06, 2012
- 45.89 mn subscribers opted for MNP till April: TRAI - Jun 27, 2012