Net deterioration in global security environment: PMJuly 31st, 2012 - 2:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 31 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Tuesday warned of “a net deterioration” in the international security environment, pointing to political uncertainties in India’s immediate neighbourhood, terrorism and cyber threats as well as the civil strife in the Middle East.
Addressing the defence research community here, Manmohan Singh also noted that the situation presented “complex challenges” that required both conventional and technological responses.
“As we look around us, a net deterioration in the international strategic and security environment becomes so obvious,” he said at an event to present the annual Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) award here.
“Political uncertainties in our immediate and extended neighbourhood, civil strife and turmoil in the Middle East, terrorism and threats to cyber security present complex challenges that require both conventional as well as technological responses,” he said.
- Net deterioration in security environment: PM (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- N-security, proliferation serious threats around India: PM - Oct 11, 2011
- 'Link cyber terrorism to India's overall counter-terror capabilities' - May 16, 2012
- 'Economic connectivity precondition for South Asia political stability' - Jul 13, 2012
- India, US sign accord to secure their cyber spaces (Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- Don't let social media fan communal flames: PM (Second Lead) - Sep 08, 2012
- Antony warns of emerging threats from China, AfPak - Apr 24, 2012
- Home ministry to form working group on security with FICCI - Jul 29, 2010
- India, UK explore cooperation in defence technology - Oct 07, 2011
- India creating architecture to ensure cyber security: NSA - May 16, 2012
- India faces new security threat from cyber world - Feb 11, 2011
- Defence tech to be showcased products at India-Africa meet - Oct 11, 2011
- India natural leader of Indian Ocean region: Antony - May 08, 2012
- Experts hail Agni-V, want it operational soon - Apr 19, 2012
- China-wary India developing space security systems - Nov 16, 2011
Tags: civil strife, cyber security, cyber threats, defence research, deterioration, development organisation, drdo, global security environment, international security environment, manmohan, manmohan singh, middle east, neighbourhood, New Delhi, political uncertainties, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, research and development, technological responses, turmoil