Nepali PM calls for women’s participation in pollsMarch 8th, 2008 - 7:15 pm ICT by admin
Kathmandu, March 8 (Xinhua) Nepal’s Prime Minister Girija Prasad Koirala has, in his International Women’s Day message, urged women to take a defining role in politics and make the April 10 constituent assembly (CA) elections successful, The Rising Nepal daily reported Saturday. Koirala said women should cooperate and participate actively in the democratic exercise, as it is an historical opportunity associated with the prosperity and future of the country.
In a message released Friday on the occasion of the 98th International Women’s Day, he said that the government had given special attention towards ensuring maximum participation of women at every level of the society and their highest contribution to nation-building.
“The women should take this effort of the government as a positive achievement and give due attention towards increasing collaboration and cordiality in the country,” he said.
Nepal will go to the polls April 10 to elect the constituent assembly, which will decide the country’s future political set-up and the fate of the monarchy.
- Nepal's first democratic prime minister Bhattarai dies - Mar 05, 2011
- Nepal parliament endorses interim constitution amendment bill - May 29, 2011
- Gyanendra Shah wishes reinstatement as Nepal's monarch - Jul 08, 2012
- Nepal government stops ex-king from religious programme - Sep 21, 2010
- Nepal's Maoists welcome US' removal of terror tag - Sep 08, 2012
- Nepal's leaders meet to work out new coalition government - May 30, 2010
- Nepal's 'Quit India' fighter PM dies at 87 - Mar 05, 2011
- Koirala flag flies high in Nepal politics - Sep 22, 2010
- Nepal's ruling party seeks ex-crown prince's arrest after gun brawl (Second Lead) - Dec 13, 2010
- Manmohan Singh condoles passing away of former Nepal PM Koirala - Mar 20, 2010
- Nepal PM offers to resign to avert political crisis - May 29, 2010
- Nepal President condoles passing away of Girija Prasad Koirala - Mar 20, 2010
- Girija Prasad Koirala: A man with simple convictions (Obituary) - Mar 20, 2010
- Nepal's 2010 marred by political duels - Dec 31, 2010
- Gay MP seeks 'senile' Nepal politicians' boycott - May 09, 2010