Negotiators take a break during the Amarnath talksAugust 31st, 2008 - 3:04 am ICT by IANS
Jammu, Aug 31 ( IANS) At the end of the fourth round of talks between the Shri Amarnath Sangharsh Samiti (SASS) and the Governor’s panel here late Saturday, the negotiators have taken a break and the Samiti representatives have gone to consult their colleagues on the terms offered by the Governor’s panel for the resolution of the Amarnath land row.The talks lasted for more than four hours, with at least one hour’s break in between.
The Samiti representatives are expected to return at 1.30 a.m. Sunday for further talks, according to Samiti sources.
The Samiti sources indicated that the land issue was more or less settled but for few legal points.
Leela Karan Sharma, the convenor of the Samiti, who has been monitoring talks from his home and was in touch with his Samiti colleagues on phone during the one hour break that took place after more than two hours of talks in the first part of the fourth round told IANS that the matter needed to be discussed threadbare before agreeing on anything.
Meanwhile, Information Secretary K.B. Jandial expressed hope that the outcome of the talks would be positive.
- Amarnath Sangharsh Samiti to meet Governors panel on Aug. 29 - Aug 28, 2008
- Sangarsh Samiti threatens to pull out of talks - Aug 25, 2008
- SASS defers protest plan after meeting with government - Feb 12, 2009
- Amarnath talks delayed by a few hours (Lead) - Aug 30, 2008
- Amarnath land row: J-K Govt., Sangharsh Samiti sign agreement - Aug 31, 2008
- Government and Amarnath Sangharsh Samiti sign agreement (Second lead) - Aug 31, 2008
- Kashmiri separatists mull over Amarnath shrine row deal - Sep 01, 2008
- Amarnath Samiti and J-K Govt to meet for talks - Aug 28, 2008
- 'Broad understanding' to solve Amarnath land row (Fourth Lead) - Aug 24, 2008
- Finally a solution to Amarnath land row (Third Lead) - Aug 31, 2008
- Two Jammu agitation leaders likely to contest polls - Mar 13, 2009
- Talks on Amarnath land row postponed - Aug 29, 2008
- Mukherjee, Patil with all-party delegation to visit Jammu - Aug 07, 2008
- Amarnath Sangharsh Samiti to meet Governors panel today - Aug 29, 2008
- Shri Amarnath Sangharsh Samiti reacts tough on J-K peace formula - Aug 30, 2008