Neeta Lulla to present ‘Radha’ at LFWJuly 17th, 2012 - 3:56 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 17 (IANS) Neeta Lulla will present a collection named Radha at the Lakme Fashion Week winter-festive 2012 and clarifies that it is not traditional.
“The name of my collection is Radha… There are worshipers of Radha everywhere… it’s not very traditional. We can see the designs culminating from Rajasthan going up to even London, Paris, New York and everywhere,” Lulla told IANS.
The five-day fashion extravaganza starts here Aug 3.
One of the known names in the Indian fashion industry, she will also experiment with jewelleries this time.
“This time my collection is actually all over the place because it’s a beautiful and colourful line, so the treatment of gold and use of jewelleries will be the focus,” she added.
Many new designers are introduced at the fashion event, and established ones too explore new avenues.
Asked about competition, Lulla said: “I believe my competition is with myself.”
She added: “There is no competition… it (fashion show) has space for everyone.”
- Prachi shines at Neeta Lulla's show - Aug 20, 2011
- Standing ovation for Kallol, Pankaj and Nidhi at LFW finale - Aug 08, 2012
- 86 designers to showcase at LFW Winter fest - Jul 11, 2012
- Anushka Khanna to debut at LFW with 'Floral Fragments' (With Image) - Jul 26, 2012
- Hema Malini performs as Radha for Neeta Lulla at LFW - Aug 08, 2012
- LFW Winter/Festive 2011 all about business (Curtain raiser) - Aug 15, 2011
- Payal Kapoor to revive Benaras motifs at LFW (With Images) - Jul 20, 2012
- Item songs inspired Rohan Arora's footwear line (With Images) - Aug 06, 2012
- Richa Chadha to walk for Debarun at LFW (With Image) - Jul 27, 2012
- Festive wear to dominate LFW runway (Preview) - Sep 16, 2010
- LFW kickstarts with whiff of freshness - Aug 03, 2012
- Manish Malhotra to be LFW grand finale designer - Jul 05, 2011
- Archana Kochhar gives retro twist to digital prints - Aug 07, 2012
- Mumbai's Lakme Fashion Week concludes - Sep 22, 2010
- Designers recreate yesteryear, spiritual charm on ramp - Aug 04, 2012
Tags: fashion event, fashion extravaganza, fashion industry, fashion show, gold, indian fashion, july 17, lakme fashion week, london paris, lulla, mumbai, new avenues, new designers, paris new york, radha, rajasthan, worshipers