Need national view on Telangana: CongressMarch 29th, 2012 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 29 (IANS) The issue of separate statehood to Telangana needed a “national view”, the Congress said Thursday as the Lok Sabha continued to be disrupted for the fourth consecutive day on the matter.
“It is a sensitive issue… we are a national party and the issue needs a national view,” Congress spokesperson Renuka Chowdary told reporters.
“Sentiments are divided over the issue and both sides need to be looked into,” said Chowdary, who belongs to the Telangana region.
The Telangana issue rocked the Lok Sabha for the fourth day and led to leader of opposition Sushma Swaraj declaring that the creation of a Telangana state carved out of Andhra Pradesh was inevitable.
Besides the members of the Telangana Rashtra Samithi, Congress MPs from Andhra Pradesh also raised slogans in the house for the creation of a Telangana state.
- Lok Sabha adjourned over Telangana - Apr 30, 2012
- Telangana demand picks up momentum again - Sep 05, 2012
- Telangana rocks Lok Sabha - Mar 28, 2012
- Lok Sabha adjourned for day over Telangana (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- BJP will deliver Telangana: Sushma - Mar 29, 2012
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the day (Lead) - Mar 29, 2012
- Telangana, Sethusamudram disrupt Lok Sabha - Mar 29, 2012
- Telangana movement gains momentum, Congress to hold further talks (Roundup) - Oct 01, 2011
- Lok Sabha disrupted over Telangana issue - Mar 27, 2012
- No promise from PM, Telangana agitation to intensify: TRS - Oct 04, 2011
- Another Telangana MP resigns - Jul 07, 2011
- Telangana party plans to stall parliament - Nov 21, 2011
- TRS slams Chidambaram's statement on Telangana - Aug 06, 2011
- Telangana will become fireball, warns TRS chief - Jul 04, 2011
- Telangana issue rocks Lok Sabha, BJP blames Congress (Lead) - Mar 27, 2012