Need law against Maoist kidnappings: CongressApril 22nd, 2012 - 4:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi/Raipur, April 22 (IANS) A law must be enacted to prevent kidnappings such as that of the Chhattisgarh collector Alex Paul Menon by Maoists, Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi said Sunday.
“The central government must make a law to prevent such type of incidents. This fear of abduction is there in every Maoist-affected area and this should be strongly condemned. It is not good. Whether a collector is kidnapped or a MLA, all these recent kidnappings of Maoist are adverse incidents,” Alvi told a TV channel.
The Sukma district police, meanwhile, searched several parts of the forest area on the Andhra Pradesh and Chhattisgarh border in the early hours of Sunday looking for the kidnapped 32-year-old IAS officer.
“But he is so far completely traceless,” an official at the police headquarters said.
- Abducted Chhattisgarh collector traceless - Apr 22, 2012
- Maoists abduct Chhattisgarh collector, kill two guards (Fourth Lead, With Image) - Apr 21, 2012
- Maoists abduct Chhattisgarh collector, kill two guards (Third Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Chhattisgarh slows down anti-Maoist drive till Menon's release - Apr 23, 2012
- Sukma collector safe, say mediators after meeting Maoists - Apr 29, 2012
- 'Chattisgarh clueless about collector's whereabouts' (Lead) - Apr 22, 2012
- Maoists free Menon, says ready to serve in Sukma again (Second Lead) - May 03, 2012
- Maoists abduct Chhattisgarh collector (Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Menon freed, says willing to serve in Sukma again (Lead) - May 03, 2012
- Abducted Chhattisgarh district collector's release likely - Apr 30, 2012
- Collector's abduction: Mediators meet fail to break deadlock (Lead) - Apr 29, 2012
- Chhattisgarh collector's in-laws spend sleepless nights - Apr 24, 2012
- 'Abducted collector Menon is safe' - Apr 26, 2012
- Maoists abduct Chhattisgarh collector, kill two guards (Second Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Maoists' mediators sum up talks as rebels hike demands (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012