Nearly 1,300 Pakistanis missing in IndiaAugust 10th, 2011 - 9:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 10 (IANS) Nearly 1,300 Pakistanis on visit to India are traceless after their visa expired, and the government has created an on-line data sharing system to track every person travelling from there, the government said Wednesday.
“As per information available, 1,283 Pakistani nationals remain untraced and missing as on June 30, 2011,” Minister of State for Home Affairs Jitendra Singh said in a statement to the Rajya Sabha.
“Intelligence agencies and state police regularly make efforts to locate the missing Pakistani nationals and arrange to send them back to Pakistan once they are located,” he said.
The minister said that to help in better tracking of Pakistani nationals, an on-line system has been introduced.
With the system in place, every Pakistani national seeking Indian visa is required to file details on-line.
“This process ensures that intelligence agencies and state police have full details of the Pakistani nationals, including their photographs, even before they enter India, which would help them to track the Pakistani national after he or she arrives,” the minister added.
- Britain to have database to track down illegal migrants - Aug 22, 2012
- Government nod to centralised database to tackle terror (Lead) - Jun 06, 2011
- US seeks consular access to American held in Pakistan on 'illegal stay' charges - Feb 26, 2011
- NATGRID will improve India's war on terror - Aug 09, 2011
- Nehru Place shuts down to demand basic amenities - Feb 01, 2012
- Apex court seeks response to NGO's missing children action plan plea - Aug 28, 2012
- Police looking for a Pakistani in Bihar - Jul 20, 2011
- US citizen held in Pakistan on 'illegal stay' charges remanded to 14-day judicial custody - Feb 26, 2011
- Iran deports 82 Pakistanis - May 21, 2012
- Pak likely to replace Haqqani as Pak envoy to US - Mar 26, 2011
- ISI has reactivated terror camps in Pakistani Kashmir: India - Aug 09, 2011
- Pak Govt silent on number of visas issued to Americans - Apr 22, 2011
- 181,000 migrants 'may have overstayed visas': UK Border Agency - Mar 15, 2011
- Killing of Osama bin Laden has rehabilitated reputation of US Government, officials - May 04, 2011
- ISI puts conditions to CIA for improving relations - May 22, 2011
Tags: data sharing system, government said wednesday, home affairs, India, indian visa, intelligence agencies, jitendra, minister of state, New Delhi, pakistan, pakistani nationals, pakistanis, photographs, process ensures that, rajya sabha, state police