Near-collision of planes averted at Mumbai airportApril 19th, 2010 - 7:22 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 19 (IANS) A near collision between two aircraft was averted Monday afternoon at the Mumbai airport as one plane was cleared for take-off when the other was landing on the same runway, officials said.
According to an official source, Mumbai-Bhavnagar Kingfisher ATR flight, with 30 passengers onboard, was cleared for take-off even as an incoming flight of GoAir was still on the runway.
The sources said that on realizing the situation, the Kingfisher aircraft, which was already on a takeoff roll was ordered to abort takeoff.
At the same time, the incoming GoAir aircraft - details of which were not immediately available - was ordered to clear off the runway quickly as the other aircraft was on the same runway.
A spokesperson for Kingfisher, while declining to provide details of the incident, said that its aircraft was checked by an engineering team and finally allowed to take off at 2.50 p.m.
- Jet Airways flight aborts take-off - Feb 08, 2012
- Another air disaster averted in Mumbai - Jun 04, 2010
- Major air mishap averted at Mumbai (Lead) - May 27, 2010
- DGCA issues fresh directions to airlines - Nov 11, 2009
- Chinese plane flies from Japan without permission - Nov 30, 2011
- Plane skids off runway at Kochi airport, two injured - Aug 29, 2011
- Aborted take-off by Air India Express pilot being probed: DGCA - Jan 27, 2012
- Air India, Jet Airways planes in near miss over Tamil Nadu - Jun 06, 2010
- Kingfisher aircraft skids while landing, no casualties - Nov 10, 2009
- Goair flies new aircraft on Goa-Bangalore service - Aug 22, 2012
- Major plane accident averted in Chennai - Sep 24, 2011
- Air India, Kingfisher airlines aircraft in near collision at Mumbai airport - Oct 30, 2009
- Air India, Jet flights escape disaster at Mumbai airport - May 31, 2009
- Kingfisher starts Bangalore-Mysore service - Oct 01, 2010
- Mid-air collision averted in Pakistan - Apr 20, 2011