NDA starts diamond jubilee celebrations with desert safariFebruary 25th, 2008 - 7:08 pm ICT by admin
Khadakwasla (Maharashtra), Feb 25 (IANS) A desert safari expedition took off from here Monday to start the diamond jubilee celebrations of the National Defence Academy (NDA). The celebrations would culminate in January 2009 when the NDA completes 75 years.
A group of eight officers and ten cadets of NDA, led by Group Captain N.B. Sathe, left the academy in a convoy of six vehicles, which was flagged off by NDA Commandant Air Marshal T.S. Randhawa.
“This is first of the many events which the academy will be undertaking to mark the event,” said Randhawa.
The sixteen-day expedition is a test of endurance and skill of the cadets and officers in handling various conditions associated with the terrain, weather and vehicles.
Among the places of importance the safari will visit are Longewala, where the famous Battle of Longewala (India-Pakistan war) was fought; Pokharan ranges, a place where continuous live firing by aircraft of Indian Air Force takes place and Mahajan field ranges known for artillery firings.
“The expedition is purely adventure activity pushing man and machine to the limits to say the least. Words at this stage cannot describe the experience,” Randhawa said.
- NDA to get new Super Demona aircraft - Oct 08, 2010
- DRDO's UAV 'Nishant' completes confirmatory flight trials - Feb 03, 2011
- Cadets shake a leg at NDA Ball - Nov 20, 2011
- Three NDA cadets to participate in prestigious Italian competition - Mar 13, 2012
- Defence academy chief shifted over recruitment scam (Lead) - Jul 04, 2012
- Nishant UAV successfully tested by army ahead of induction - Feb 03, 2011
- Bangladeshi army chief to review NDA passing-out parade - Nov 21, 2011
- `China ties don't impact Bangladesh's relation with India' - Nov 29, 2011
- Defence academy job scam: CBI arrests another accused (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Bangladesh Army chief to see NDA graduation - Nov 21, 2011
- Military cadets may get Rs.10,000 as stipend - Apr 09, 2008
- National Defence Academy wary of security threat from illegal shops - Sep 28, 2011
- Defence academy chief shifted over recruitment scam - Jul 04, 2012
- NDA Commandant conferred Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (With image) - Apr 19, 2012
- To plug officer shortage, Indian Army to open Bihar academy - Jun 17, 2011