NDA gets an Army Public SchoolApril 12th, 2012 - 7:01 pm ICT by IANS
Pune, April 12 (IANS) India’s premier military training establishment, the National Defence Academy (NDA) here, Thursday announced that it has upgraded its NDA English School into an Army Public School, an officer said.
“The NDA took another pioneering step in the field of education by establishing an Army Public Schools at the academy. On similar lines, the existing Tiny Tots School has been upgraded to NDA Army Pre-Primary School,” the officer said.
Both schools will function under the aegis of the Army Welfare Education Society (AWES), which currently runs 123 Army Schools and 13 Army Professional Schools in the country.
“The formal inauguration of the NDA Army Public School was done Wednesday by (academy commandant) Lt. Gen. Jatinder Singh in the presence of Major General (retd) B.S. Daulta, Managing Director, Army Welfare Education Society (AWES) and Colonel A. Dutta, Director, Schools,” the officer said.
“The schools aim to be institutions of excellence, dedicated to the children, to develop them into responsible citizens and leaders by imparting quality education in an environment which is caring, stimulating and challenging,” the officer said.
In the first year, the NDA Army Public School shall have classes I-VI. Subsequently one higher class will be added each year till it becomes a full-fledged Army Public School till class XII.
- Maharashtra's largest tricolour unfurled in NDA (With Images) - Apr 28, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh judges to train at army management institute - May 02, 2011
- Air Force Golden Jubilee Institute starts its 'Silver Jubilee' celebrations - Nov 24, 2010
- Defence academy chief shifted over recruitment scam (Lead) - Jul 04, 2012
- Court notice to Delhi government on pre-school admissions - Nov 02, 2011
- NDA Commandant conferred Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (With image) - Apr 19, 2012
- Court notice on pre-primary classes in state-run schools - Sep 06, 2012
- Court allows nursery admissions at 3-plus (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Bangladesh Army chief to see NDA graduation - Nov 21, 2011
- Court allows nursery admissions at 3-plus (Second Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- President to attend Sainik School golden jubilee - Jul 21, 2010
- Three NDA cadets to participate in prestigious Italian competition - Mar 13, 2012
- Cadets shake a leg at NDA Ball - Nov 20, 2011
- Delhi court allows nursery admissions at 3-plus - Jan 27, 2012
- Sibal asks open school to provide vocational training - Nov 17, 2010
Tags: academy commandant, aegis, army public school, army schools, awes, class xii, colonel, education society, formal inauguration, jatinder singh, lt, managing director, military training, national defence academy, nda, professional schools, quality education, responsible citizens, tiny tots, welfare