NDA cadet dies after heart attackJanuary 7th, 2012 - 4:35 pm ICT by IANS
Pune, Jan 7 (IANS) A 19-year-old cadet at the National Defence Academy (NDA) here passed away Saturday morning after suffering a massive heart attack during training a day ago, official sources said.
K. Vignesh, hailing from Chennai, was a third term cadet at the NDA. He suffered a cardiac arrest while on a training run Friday evening.
He was immediately helped by fellow cadets and conducting officers who rushed him to the military hospital where he was taken under the care of specialist medicos.
Later in the night, he was shifted to the hospital’s cardio-thoracic centre, where cardiologists and a team of experts attended to him.
However, he could not be revived. His distraught parents were informed and they reached Pune Saturday, the sources said.
This is the second incident of its kind at the NDA in the past three-and-half years.
On July 2, 2009, a 19-year-old cadet, Nitesh Gaur of Bhopal, fell down and died while taking part in a 14-km long cross-country run as part of the training course.
- Family suspects ragging behind NDA cadet's death - Jul 08, 2009
- Cadets shake a leg at NDA Ball - Nov 20, 2011
- Kalmadi to undergo detailed check up at AIIMS (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- Doctors may operate on infant with protruding heart Thursday - Sep 01, 2009
- Three-day-old with protruding heart battles for life - Aug 29, 2009
- Two-day-old with protruding heart to be operated on - Aug 28, 2009
- Bangladesh Army chief to see NDA graduation - Nov 21, 2011
- Infant with protruding heart stable after operation: doctors - Sep 03, 2009
- Bangladeshi army chief to review NDA passing-out parade - Nov 21, 2011
- Ayurvedic physician among medicine Padma winners - Jan 26, 2011
- Uddhav Thackeray had chest pain since four days - Jul 17, 2012
- Fake cadet nabbed from NDA campus - Jan 05, 2012
- Rare surgery saves 12-day-old infant in Punjab - Sep 21, 2011
- NDA to get new Super Demona aircraft - Oct 08, 2010
- `China ties don't impact Bangladesh's relation with India' - Nov 29, 2011
Tags: cardiac arrest, cardio, cardiologists, cross country, distraught parents, fellow cadets, friday evening, gaur, half years, heart attack, jan 7, massive heart attack, military hospital, national defence academy, nda, saturday morning, team of experts, vignesh