N.D. Tiwari’s plea dismissed, Rs.75,000 fine imposedAugust 13th, 2010 - 6:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 13 (IANS) The Delhi High court Friday dismissed the application of former Andhra Pradesh governor N.D. Tiwari seeking changes in the paternity suit filed by a lawyer who is claiming to be his biological son.
Justice S. Ravindra Bhat, while dismissing Tiwari’s application, also imposed a cost of Rs.75,000 on him.
Tiwari, through his application raised objections to the additional facts incorporated by Rohit Shekhar in his fresh paternity suit. He said that Rohit should have sought the court’s permission to amend the suit with the new fact that he had tried to meet Tiwari at an airport in 2005.
The apex court had May 10 dismissed the appeal filed by Tiwari challenging the high court’s decision to adjudicate the paternity suit.
Rohit claimed that he was born out of a relationship between his mother Ujjwala Sharma and Tiwari, a charge denied by the Congress leader. Tiwari had earlier refused to undergo DNA test on Rohit’s plea and denied ever having any physical relationship with his mother.
- Verdict on N D Tiwari paternity suit today - Dec 23, 2010
- Court reserves order on Tiwari's appeal in paternity suit - Sep 24, 2010
- Delete 'newly added facts' in paternity suit: Tiwari - Jul 30, 2010
- High Court directs ND Tiwari to undergo paternity test - Dec 23, 2010
- Court orders Tiwari to undergo paternity test - Dec 23, 2010
- Delhi High Court dismisses N D Tiwari's plea seeking changes in paternity suit - Aug 13, 2010
- Paternity case: ND Tiwari to provide blood sample for DNA test - May 31, 2011
- Delhi High Court dismisses N D Tiwari's plea against fine in paternity suit - Nov 12, 2010
- N.D. Tiwari to undergo DNA test - Feb 10, 2011
- Paternity suit: Tiwari gets a day to undergo DNA test - Feb 07, 2011
- Hearing on N.D. Tiwari's plea adjourned - Sep 22, 2010
- Court official seeks details ahead of DNA test on Tiwari - Apr 04, 2011
- Court rejects Tiwari's plea on fine - Feb 25, 2011
- N.D. Tiwari to undergo DNA test (Lead) - Feb 10, 2011
- N.D. Tiwari is Shekhar's biological father, rules court (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
Tags: andhra pradesh, apex, apex court, bhat, biological son, congress leader, delhi high court, dna test, lawyer, New Delhi, objections, paternity suit, physical relationship, plea, ravindra, shekhar