NCP to remain in UPA, but to skip functions: Praful PatelJuly 23rd, 2012 - 6:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 23 (IANS) The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) Monday said it continues to be an integral part of the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) but will not participate in any government function till it takes a final decision on future of their alliance.
“We continue to be an integral part of UPA and our relationship with UPA will continue till 2014. We are supporting UPA as a core ally and will continue to support this government till the very end,” NCP leader Praful Patel told reporters after the party meeting.
Patel, however, said that no final decision has been taken on the future of the NCP-UPA alliance.
“We feel that before we take a final decision, they (NCP legislators from Maharashtra) must be taken on board and most likely tomorrow (Tuesday) and no later than day after (Wednesday), this matter will be put to rest,” he said.
Last weekend, the NCP made it quite plain that it was “unhappy” with the Congress at the national as well as the state level.
The NCP’s grouse is that it was “not consulted” on important decisions at the central and state level and there was lack of coordination between the party and the Congress.
- NCP to stay with UPA, but skip functions: Praful Patel (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- NCP to stay in UPA but attend no function, skips PM's dinner (Roundup) - Jul 23, 2012
- Congress downplays rift with NCP - Jul 23, 2012
- PM willing to talk to NCP 'on any issue' (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- No ultimatum to Congress, says NCP - Jul 25, 2012
- Maharashtra Congress goes into huddle over NCP's stance - Jul 23, 2012
- Congress tries hard to mollify NCP, Pawar unswayed (Intro Roundup) - Jul 21, 2012
- Impasse with Congress could end, signals NCP - Jul 25, 2012
- Congress, NCP stand-off ends with decision on better coordination (Roundup) - Jul 25, 2012
- Praful denies resignation, NCP stays with UPA (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Congress, NCP stand-off ends with decision on better coordination (Intro-Roundup) - Jul 26, 2012
- UPA coordination committee to meet Aug 8 (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Ready to talk to NCP: Manmohan Singh - Jul 25, 2012
- NCP and government mend fences, PM praises Pawar (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- NCP unhappy in Maharashtra also - Jul 21, 2012