NCC to redefine training philosophy (Lead)April 11th, 2012 - 6:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 11 (IANS) The National Cadet Corps (NCC) will soon redefine its training philosophy to equip its cadets with the skills needed to face challenges of the new millennium.
To thrash out concepts relating to cadet training, the NCC is organising a day-long seminar here Thursday, according to the defence ministry.
Human Resource Development Minister Kapil Sibal and Minister of State for Defence M.M. Pallam Raju will take part.
“The aim is to discuss the skills that NCC cadets need to imbibe in the new millennium and identify the methodology to be adopted by the trainers to impart critical lessons,” a statement said.
The seminar is a sequel to the ongoing exercise within the NCC to refine the training philosophy to make it more contemporary and relevant.
“Changing education system in the country and growing pressure on students to achieve academic excellence have further emphasised the need to realign the training curriculum,” an official said.
Experts in youth training will present papers on various topics including futuristic leadership model, the NCC as an instrument of youth development for nation-building and training of trainers.
The NCC, which provides military training to school and college students across the country, has about 15 lakh cadets.
Once cadets complete three years of training, they become eligible to join the armed forces and their NCC certificates are given weightage during selection board exams and tests.
The government has also reserved a few seats in the armed forces training academies such as the Officers Training Academy, the Indian Military Academy, the Air Force Academy and the Indian Naval Academy for NCC cadets.
- NCC to redefine training philosophy - Apr 11, 2012
- NCC to grow, change training syllabus - Jul 05, 2012
- Compulsory year-long NCC stint for youth? - Jun 09, 2011
- Pallam Raju inaugurates NCC DDGs' conference - Apr 27, 2011
- NCC readies for Republic Day parade - Jan 05, 2011
- Maharashtra NCC bags PM's banner trophy 15th time - Jan 29, 2012
- India needs more young leaders: PM - Jan 28, 2012
- NCC targets women cadets - Jan 05, 2012
- Neglect of NCC deters youth in Uttar Pradesh to join it - Jan 26, 2010
- Sexual assaults on the rise at US military academies - Dec 28, 2011
- Enlistment in army falls in Punjab - Sep 12, 2012
- Three NDA cadets to participate in prestigious Italian competition - Mar 13, 2012
- Armed Forces Flag Day observed on Tuesday - Dec 07, 2010
- Antony visits NCC Republic Day Camp - Jan 21, 2010
- IGNOU teams up with Deutsche Welle - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: air force academy, board exams, cadet training, changing education, critical lessons, defence ministry, development minister, human resource development, indian military academy, kapil sibal, lakh, leadership model, minister of state, nation building, national cadet corps, naval academy, new millennium, pallam raju, selection board, training academy