NBA sensation Jeremy Lin becomes Volvo’s brand ambassadorMarch 20th, 2012 - 4:51 pm ICT by IANS
New York, March 20 (IANS) China-owned Swedish automaker Volvo has announced an endorsement deal with NBA’s new Asian-American superstar Jeremy Lin, marking the first major corporate contract for the Knicks guard.
Over the next two years, Lin will participate in Volvo’s corporate and marketing activities as a “brand ambassador” for Volvo Car Corp, appearing in advertising and promoting Volvo cars around the world.
His first commercial of Volvo will come out this summer, according to the company.
Lin, 23, who ascended from basketball benchdom to stardom earlier this year, said at the press conference that he found his belief in common with what Volvo stands for in terms of “continuing progress”.
“To continue improving every day, every year. For me, obviously, just to continue to get better as a basketball player and a person off the court; for them, their style, their designs, their performance, the safety, continue to progress,” Lin was quoted as saying by Xinhua Monday.
- Jeremy stars in Knicks' win over Kings - Feb 16, 2012
- NBA's Asian star Lin seeks trademark on 'Linsanity' - Feb 24, 2012
- Knicks beat Pacers - Mar 17, 2012
- Knicks end six-game losing streak after D'Antoni's resignation - Mar 15, 2012
- Mamata among Time's 100 most influential people - Apr 18, 2012
- Evans wins slam dunk, Love shoots down three-point contest - Feb 26, 2012
- Volvo cars sales shrink in China - Aug 16, 2012
- Former Charlotte Hornets coach Dick Harter dies - Mar 14, 2012
- Chinese firm buys Volvo's car plant for $1.8 bn - Mar 29, 2010
- US picks 12-man basketball squad for Olympics - Jul 09, 2012
- Volvo issue a recall for more than 7000 S60 vehicles - Jun 08, 2011
- Justin Bieber Gets Booed By The Spectators At The Madison Square Garden - Feb 04, 2011
- Volvo reports better profit in Q2 than expected - Jul 25, 2012
- Top ten NBA free agents of 2010 - Jul 02, 2010
- Trail Blazers fire coach McMillan - Mar 16, 2012
Tags: ambassador, american superstar, asian american, basketball player, belief, china, corporate contract, endorsement deal, marketing, nba, sensation, stardom, swedish automaker, volvo, volvo car, volvo cars, xinhua