Navy War Room leak case: Court rejects bail plea of retired naval commanderNovember 14th, 2008 - 11:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 14 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Friday rejected the bail plea of retired naval commander J.S.Kalra, an accused in the navy War Room leak case for allegedly leaking secret information detrimental to national security.Justice Sunil Gaur rejected the bail plea of Kalra stating that since the investigations are still on and its not clear that accused has played no role in the case, so granting bail at this stage is not maintainable.
Kalra along with five others were accused of leaking vital information and were booked under various sections of Indian Penal Code and Official Secrets Act.
Kalra, after retiring from the navy had joined Hindustan Aeronautics Limited as its Deputy General Manager.
According to the Centre Bureau of Investigation (CBI), the accused had leaked out 7,000 pages of classified defence information that had a direct bearing on national security.
The case was registered by CBI March 20, 2006 on a reference from the defence ministry and after scrutiny of inquiry held by the IAF and the Board of Inquiry conducted by the Indian Navy.
The CBI claimed in its 250-page charge sheet that the accused officials allegedly entered into a criminal conspiracy for obtaining and collecting information related to defence matters that was calculated to be or might be or was intended to be useful to the enemy or which related to a matter the disclosure of which, to unauthorised persons, was prejudicial to the sovereignty and integrity of India and the security of the state.
- Navy war room case: Apex court issues notice to CBI - Feb 14, 2011
- Navy war room case: Apex court issues notice to CBI (Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Naval war room leak case: 2 former officers granted bail - May 11, 2012
- CBI issued notice on petition by retired naval officials (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Abhishek Verma, wife seek bail - Aug 07, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife sent to jail till July 4 (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- 25 years of India's 'Watergate': The Bofors scandal (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- 25 years of India's 'Watergate': The Bofors scandal (Second Lead, superseding previous story) - Apr 25, 2012
- Chronology: Bofors graft row over last 25 years - Apr 25, 2012
- Verma, wife sent to judicial custody in OSA case - Sep 14, 2012
- Chronology of Bofors scandal - Jan 03, 2011
- Two get bail in Adarsh scam - Jun 07, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Court rejects bail plea of accused (Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Team Anna's allegations unfair, motivated: Pranab (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- CBI opposes Nupur Talwar's bail plea - Aug 09, 2012