Navy War Room leak case accused gets bailMay 30th, 2008 - 11:08 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 30 (IANS) The Delhi High court Friday granted bail to Abhishek Verma, accused of leaking classified documents from the Directorate of Naval Operations, on the condition that he would not attempt to influence any witness or tamper with the evidence. Verma, a Delhi-based businessman, has been in jail since July 2006 for his alleged involvement in the case. Justice S. Muralidhar, granting bail, asked Verma to furnish a personal bond of Rs.1 million and two sureties of same amount.
The court also asked Verma to surrender his passport to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and asked him to appear before the trial court on every second and fourth Monday of the month.
The CBI has also been directed to ensure that the accused does not travel outside the country during the trial.
Justice Muralidhar also directed the trial court to dispose of the case before Sep 3.
According to the first information report (FIR) filed under the Official Secrets Act, it was found that Verma along his associates, Kulbhushan Parashar and Ravi Shankaran, in connivance with naval staff had hatched a conspiracy to steal classified defence documents from the naval headquarters.
- Naval war room leak case: 2 former officers granted bail - May 11, 2012
- Granted bail, Anca will still stay in jail - Aug 29, 2012
- 2G case: Delhi High Court stays Chandolia's bail (Second Lead) - Dec 02, 2011
- Abhishek Verma faces arrest for money laundering - Aug 21, 2012
- CBI to question Abhishek Verma, wife till Aug 21 - Aug 16, 2012
- Yeddyurappa, kin get anticipatory bail in bribery case (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Key points of Raja's bail order - May 15, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife sent to jail till July 4 (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Abhishek Verma's wife denied bail - Aug 30, 2012
- 2G case: Shahid Balwa gets bail, Chandolia's plea pending (Second Lead) - Nov 29, 2011
- 2G scam: Raja's ex-private secretary Chandolia gets bail (Second Lead) - Dec 01, 2011
- CBI issued notice on petition by retired naval officials (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Abhishek Verma, wife in CBI custody till June 21 (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- High Court dismisses Amar Singh's plea - Jan 13, 2012
- Verma, wife move release application in money laundering case - Sep 11, 2012