Navy jet’s tyre bursts on landing at GoaNovember 30th, 2008 - 3:34 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Nov 30 (IANS) A tyre of a naval Sea Harrier jet burst on landing at Goa’s Dabolim airport, an official said Sunday. The incident threw holiday bound air traffic out of gear for a couple of hours.A navy official said that both the pilot and the fighter aircraft were safe after the incident Saturday evening.
“The rear tyre burst as the plane touched down,” a naval official told IANS Sunday.
The incident disrupted busy week-end traffic at Goa’s only airport for a couple of hours.
Planes scheduled to land at Dabolim were diverted to nearby airports, including Bangalore and Mumbai. Some flights that were diverted belonged to Jet Airways and Air India.
“Some flights which came in later had to hover over the airport for a while before their landing was cleared,” an official said.
This is the second such incident at the Dabolim airport in a fortnight.
On Nov 16, a Moscow-bound Trans-Aero aircraft’s wing brushed against the tail of another chartered flight from Britain. No one was hurt.
Dabolim airport is a military facility which is also used for civilian purposes.
- Sea Harrier tyre burst hits Goa airport flights - Jan 23, 2012
- Front tyres of Air India plane burst, no casualties - Sep 06, 2011
- Close shave for 250 as bird hits plane in Goa - Nov 11, 2010
- Flights diverted, repairs on at Goa runway (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Dutch flight to Colombo suffers bird hit in Goa - Oct 27, 2011
- Two planes escape collision narrowly at Goa airport - Nov 16, 2008
- Navy cuts sorties to allow civilian traffic at Goa airport - Oct 28, 2010
- Repairs restrict use of Goa airport runway (Lead) - Apr 12, 2011
- Bees on a Yakutia Airline flight to Moscow creates panic - Aug 24, 2011
- Kingfisher flight makes emergency landing at Goa airport - Oct 24, 2011
- Two planes miss collision at Goa airport, probe ordered (Lead) - Nov 17, 2008
- Fighter jets intercept two small planes in Obama's airspace - Aug 07, 2012
- Dabolim airport will not be shut for civilians: Parrikar - Jul 19, 2012
- Goa airport runway cut down for five hours a day - Apr 12, 2011
- Plane's tyres burst in Chandigarh, trigger panic - Dec 14, 2010