Navy, Army vice chiefs to get highest service medalJanuary 25th, 2011 - 8:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 25 (IANS) Navy vice chief Vice Admiral D.K. Dewan and his Army counterpart Lieutenant General Arvinder Singh Lamba are among the 28 senior defence officers recommended for the Param Vishist Seva Medal (PVSM), the highest service medal, Tuesday. They were named for the award by President Pratibha Patil here ahead of the 62nd Republic Day Wednesday.
The president also named Southern Army Commander Lt. Gen. Pradeep Khanna, NCC Director General R.K. Karwal, Deputy Army chiefs Lt. Gen. Vishnu Kant Chaturvedi, Lt. Gen. Jaswinder Pal Singh, Lt. Gen. V.S. Tonk, Signal-Officer-in Chief Lt. Gen. P. Mohapatra and Engineer-in-Chief Lt. Gen. M.C. Badani, and Chennai-based Officers Training Academy Commandant Lt. Gen. Gautam Banerjee for the PVSM.
From the Navy, PVSM will be awarded to chief of the Integrated Defence Staff Vice Admiral D.K. Joshi and Eastern Naval Commander Vice Admiral Anup Singh.
The PVSM recipients from the Air Force include Trivandrum-based Southern Air Commander Air Marshal Sumit Mukerjee, former Gandhinagar-based South Western Air Commander Air Marshal P.S. Bhangu, Allahabad-based Central Air Commander Air Marshal G.S. Kochar, Eastern Air Commander Air Marshal K.K. Nohwar and IAF Deputy chief Air Marshal N.V. Tyagi.
Another four officers each were named for Uttam Yudh Seva Medal and Yudh Seva Medal, and another 51 officers for Ati Vishist Seva Medal.
- Indian Army chief-designate conferred medal for distinguished service - Apr 17, 2012
- D.K. Joshi named new Indian Navy chief (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- New IAF vice chief, Eastern air commander take charge - Aug 01, 2011
- Admiral Joshi is new Indian Navy chief (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Ace fighter pilot Browne is new IAF vice chief (Lead) - Jan 01, 2011
- Air Force to be coordinating agency during 64th I-Day celebrations - Aug 14, 2010
- Air Marshal Vashisht becomes IAF maintenance chief - Oct 01, 2011
- Nohwar to be next IAF vice chief - Jun 24, 2011
- Air Marshal Roy takes over as NDC commandant - Jan 21, 2011
- Air Marshal PS Bhangu takes over as South Western Air Command Chief - Oct 01, 2009
- Changes in IAF top brass in the offing - Jul 22, 2011
- Singapore defence chief in India to expand ties - Nov 08, 2011
- Former air force chief Lafontaine is dead - Apr 06, 2011
- Air Force to set up defence radar station in Mizoram - Jan 19, 2011
- Gen. V.K. Singh: Tough soldier who lost a legal battle (Profile) - Feb 10, 2012
Tags: academy commandant, air commander, air marshal, army chiefs, army commander, bhangu, defence staff, gandhinagar, jaswinder pal singh, kochar, lamba, lieutenant general, mohapatra, naval commander, president pratibha patil, republic day, signal officer, southern army, vice admiral, vice chief