Navjot Singh Sidhu to work in a Kannada filmOctober 8th, 2008 - 8:59 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Oct 8 (IANS) Well-known cricketer-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu is set to play himself in the Kannada film “Houseful”, a full length comedy. Director Hemanth Hegde says Sidhu’s cameo will be the highlight of the movie.”Sidhu sir is playing himself in the film. ‘Houseful’ is a full length comedy and he fits into our scheme of things. We have designed a special type of sequence for him. And he will mouth his dialogues in Kannada as well as in Hindi. That one sequence will be the highlight of the film,” Hegde told IANS.
Sidhu will have to shoot only for a day in Bangalore and he will be paid Rs.500,000 for the cameo.
Hegde too plays an important role in the film with Diganth. The pranks of these two youngsters and their love life forms the base of the story.
Girija Oak, who was seen in Aamir Khan’s “Taare Zameen Par”, and Bollywood actress Vishaka Singh are playing female leads.
Hegde, who made his directorial debut with “Oo Lala”, has directed three Kannada films and a Hindi film titled “Khanna and Iyer”.
Hegde has finished two schedules of the film in Mysore and Bangalore.
“Some portions of the film will be shot in Goa. We wanted to shoot some portions of the film in Kashmir, but it looks it may not be possible with the kind of situation that exists there. We hope to move over to Sikkim and shoot there,” said Hegde.
Hegde also hopes to enter the “Guinness Book of World Records” by using a 60 ft-tall statue of Charlie Chaplin in the film. He claims this will be the tallest statue of the English comedian.
“There is no statue of Chaplin of that height and the Guinness authorities have confirmed it. We will be using it in a sequence that will be shot in St. Thomas Mount at Mangalore beach,” says Hegde.
Chethan, the art director of the film, said: “I am using many art students trained in art schools in Mysore. I can not say how much the statue may cost us, but it would be a wonderful effort because many budding artists would be involved in the project.”
Lokanath, Milind Gunaji, Avatar Gill, Ramesh Bhat, and Bullet Prakash will also feature in the movie.
- Now 62-foot Charlie Chaplin statue in Karnataka, thanks to film - Mar 07, 2009
- Arvind Kaushik creates history, shoots film in two hours - Jul 03, 2012
- 'Shocked' over Chaplin statue row, filmmaker looks for new site - Mar 15, 2009
- Hat-trick For Abhinaya - Oct 29, 2010
- 'House Full' a funny comedy of errors (Kannada Film Review) - Jul 25, 2009
- Karnataka artists rally for Chaplin statue (Lead) - Mar 16, 2009
- Thanks to weak script, 'Anna Bond' boring (Kannada Movie Review) - May 04, 2012
- 'Hori' an enjoyable watch despite flaws (Kannada Moview Review) - Apr 30, 2011
- Artists to rally in Bangalore for Chaplin statue - Mar 19, 2009
- Filmmaker 'shocked' over Chaplin statue row; unfortunate, says BJP (Lead) - Mar 15, 2009
- Theatre, film artistes to protest over Charlie Chaplin statue row - Mar 16, 2009
- Kannada version for Lohi's Nivedhyan - Aug 19, 2010
- Vetern Kannada actor K.S. Aswath remembered by filmmakers (Lead) - Jan 18, 2010
- Veera Bahu Completes Shooting - Oct 21, 2010
- 50,000 to attend 2nd World Kannada meet in Belgaum - Mar 10, 2011