Navi Mumbai woman was raped by doctor, medical tests confirmOctober 18th, 2010 - 4:43 pm ICT by IANS
Vashi (Navi Mumbai), Oct 18 (IANS) The medical examination report of a married woman allegedly raped by a doctor in a private hospital has confirmed the crime, police said here Monday.
Navi Mumbai Police late Sunday night arrested doctor Vishal Vanne, resident medical officer (RMO) of Lotus Hospital in Vashi township, on the charge of raping a patient who was admitted in the intensive care unit (ICU) of the hospital.
“The medical examination report has confirmed rape and we have arrested the accused under section 3760-D of the (Indian Penal Code) IPC (rape committed on a patient in hospital). We will present the doctor in the court today (Monday),” said investigation officer Rajkumar Chapekar.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Ashok Dhude told reporters that Vanne has been charged with penal provisions related to a patient’s rape in hospital.
The incident occurred when the victim was admitted to Lotus Hospital after she fainted during the Navratri and Durga Puja festivities at a nearby venue Saturday.
“The rape seemed to have taken place in the wee hours of Sunday. The victim had then narrated the incident to her husband who later filed a police complaint,” Chapekar said.
According to the first information report, when Vanne allegedly raped the victim, another patient was also present in the ward. But the other patient was fast asleep.
The hospital Monday shut down its gates to avoid attacks by protesters. The hospital authorities were not available for comment despite repeated attempts.
- Tests confirm Navi Mumbai woman was raped by doctor (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
- Another rape in Bengal, victim deaf and mute - Feb 29, 2012
- Another rape in Bengal, victim deaf and mute (Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- Minor girl raped in Delhi - Mar 11, 2011
- Three dead in Chennai hospital blaze (Second Lead) - Jul 23, 2011
- Kashmir reports first swine flu death - Dec 13, 2009
- Gurgaon doctors booked for death due to negligence - Jul 01, 2012
- Priest held for raping schoolgirl - May 20, 2011
- Doctors working hard to treat Pune blast victims - Feb 14, 2010
- Fire in hospital, two dead - Jul 23, 2011
- Beaten at Ramdev meet, Gurgaon woman struggles to live - Jun 06, 2011
- Father rapes daughter in west Delhi - May 19, 2012
- India gets first tele-ICU for critical patients - Jul 06, 2012
- Teenaged boy rapes minor cousin - Jul 06, 2011
- 14-year-old raped by neighbour - Feb 03, 2011
Tags: ashok, commissioner of police, crime police, deputy commissioner, durga puja, hospital authorities, indian penal code, information report, intensive care unit, married woman, medical examination report, medical tests, navratri, patient in hospital, penal provisions, police complaint, private hospital, resident medical officer, rmo, wee hours