NATO troops kill 15 in Pakistan’s tribal area: ReportSeptember 3rd, 2008 - 11:19 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Sep 3 (Xinhua) At least 15 people including three women and four children have been killed in NATO troops’ attack in Pakistan’s tribal area, DAWN NEWS TV channel reported Wednesday.The NATO troops, equipped with three helicopters, raided three houses in Jalal Khel village in troubled South Waziristan province bordering Afghanistan, leaving 15 people dead, said the report.
Some 30 NATO soldiers have landed at an area near Usanika shrine in Angoor Adda area in the province, the TV report said.
In a related development, some US lawmakers have threatened to send troops to Pakistan’s tribal area to fight militants who, according to some US officials, could enter Afghanistan and attack NATO forces.
Pakistan has repeatedly made it clear that only Pakistani troops are authorised to conduct operations on its own territory.
- Three injured as NATO choppers fire into Pak tribal area - Nov 27, 2010
- Afghan forces attack Pak check post in South Waziristan - Apr 27, 2011
- Three dead in Pakistan drone strike - Sep 30, 2011
- Pakistan has permanently stopped NATO supply: Minister - Nov 28, 2011
- US drone strike kills 4 in northwest Pakistan - Sep 01, 2012
- Afghanistan to probe NATO airstrike on Pakistan - Nov 28, 2011
- 'Anti-Americanism' poses bigger challenge for Pak Army than Taliban - Mar 17, 2011
- American troops mass near Pakistani border - Oct 17, 2011
- Pak caught between a 'rock and hard place' in 'tug of war' with US: Editorial - Apr 15, 2011
- US drone attack kills six militants in Pakistan - Jun 27, 2010
- US drone strikes kill 13 in Pakistan - Nov 07, 2010
- Funeral held for Pakistani soldiers - Nov 27, 2011
- US drone attack kills seven in North Waziristan - Jul 15, 2010
- US eyeing expanding its war on terror formally into Pakistan? - Oct 15, 2010
- 10 killed in US drone attacks in Pakistan - Feb 03, 2010