National Geographic to launch four new channels in IndiaMay 21st, 2008 - 10:17 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 21 (IANS) NGC Network will extend its brand presence in India by introducing four new National Geographic channels as also a “comprehensive bouquet of credible and compelling” specialist channels. The new channels, Nat Geo Wild, Nat Geo Adventure, Nat Geo Music and Nat Geo HD (Hi Definition) will now be available in India along with the core Nat Geo Channel that has already been present in the country for 11 years.
“Through the new channels, viewers will be able to access a comprehensive and diverse bouquet of accurate, credible and entertaining programming suitable for the entire family,” an NGC Network statement said Wednesday.
“The four new Nat Geo Channels that we plan to launch in India have already proven to be very popular in countries where they are currently available,” Sydney Suissa, executive vice president (Content), National Geographic Channels International (NGCI), told reporters here.
“The new channels allow us to expand our commitment to quality programming and to create specialist channels in genres which are at the very heart of the National Geographic brand,” he added.
“The programming on these new channels will capture the attention of younger audiences eager to stretch the boundaries of their knowledge about the world they live in,” Suissa maintained.
According to Nikhil Mirchandani, managing director (South Asia) for the National Geographic Channel: “The combination of our core channel along with the new ones provide the best possible mix of programming for our viewers and our partners”.
“The core channel will continue to expand its successful contemporary science, technology and exploration strands and will be clearly differentiated from the specialist Nat Geo Channels.
“We are well-known for our commitment to compelling programming across genres and we feel that this is the right time to launch new channels that will cater to the growing public appetite for high quality television viewing,” Mirchandani said.
“Nat Geo Adventure is high on energy and experiential, infusing a fresh feel into adventure and exploration - the signature themes of National Geographic. Whether viewers want to feel the rush of surfing a 20-foot wave or find inspiration from an unpredictable road trip, Nat Geo Adventure delivers compelling stories with impact,” the NGC Network statement said.
“Nat Geo Music is a celebration of world music and will fill a significant void in current conventional music offerings and owing to its international scope viewers will be able to explore their world through revolutionary music,” the statement added.
“The very best of high-definition television will be presented on National Geographic Channel HD. With the enhanced picture frame composition, sharper picture quality and surround sound system, the channel HD will deliver more intimate, closer to life and unsurpassed theatre-like experiences,” the statement maintained.
- National Geographic launched in Bengali - Oct 14, 2010
- Hyde Park, Image Nation tie up with Nat Geo for films, TV series - Dec 26, 2011
- Star India adopts HD technology, unveils new corporate logo - Apr 15, 2011
- Fox International launches 7 new channels in India - Jun 30, 2010
- Now, watch Nat Geo in Tamil - Jun 16, 2011
- National Geographic launches second edition of photography contest - Mar 18, 2010
- Alva Brothers to launch lifestyle channels - Nov 25, 2010
- 60,000 children in hunt for India's 'young explorer' - Aug 26, 2010
- Penthouse set to launch world's first 3D porn TV channel - Mar 01, 2011
- Now it's HISTORY for Salman - Aug 24, 2011
- Sound of music once more - on Indian TV channels - Apr 02, 2012
- UAE's YahLive network launches sports channel - Aug 08, 2012
- STAR One Announces The Extension Of Its Primetime Programming To Saturdays Starting Saturday, ... - Nov 24, 2010
- Discovery To Launch 3D Channel In 2011 - Jan 07, 2010
- Nat Geo launches its new avatar - Aug 04, 2008