National Conference worker shot at in SrinagarSeptember 15th, 2011 - 11:50 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Sep 15 (IANS) An old National Conference (NC) activist was injured when separatist guerrillas shot at him here Thursday, police said.
Gulam Nabi Khan, 68, was shot at from close range by separatist guerrillas in Parimpora area.
“The militants shot at Gulam Nabi Khan, an old worker of the NC in Parimpora market this evening. He was taken to hospital where attending doctors described his condition as stable,” a police officer told IANS here.
Doctors at the Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences Soura (SKIMS) in Srinagar said the injured was accompanied by scores of family members and well wishers when he was brought to the hospital for treatment.
The police said a case of murderous attempt has been registered in the local police station and investigations begun to identify the assailants.
- SPO shot at in Kashmir's Sopore - Aug 24, 2011
- 18 injured in Srinagar bridge collapse - Aug 11, 2012
- Another teen dies in Kashmir, 20 hurt in clashes (Roundup) - Aug 25, 2010
- Kashmir car rally driver killed in crash, aide critical - Jul 02, 2012
- Two killed in Kashmir firing, toll rises to 57 (Lead) - Aug 14, 2010
- Injured man dies in Kashmir, toll rises to 110 - Oct 15, 2010
- Militants gun down trade union leader in Kashmir - May 23, 2010
- Kashmir car rally driver killed in crash, aide critical (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Srinagar markets closed to protest shopkeeper's murder - Dec 15, 2011
- Over two dozen injured in Kashmir clashes - Aug 19, 2010
- Youth succumbs to injuries in Srinagar - Aug 07, 2010
- Kashmir hospital chief removed over 368 kids' deaths (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Village headman shot dead in Kashmir - Feb 09, 2012
- Another teenager dies, Kashmir toll rises to 64 - Aug 25, 2010
- Geelani freed by government - Aug 01, 2010