National Conference leader shot at in SrinagarDecember 3rd, 2011 - 12:19 am ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Dec 2 (IANS) A leader of Jammu and Kashmir’s ruling National Conference (NC) was injured Friday in a guerrilla attack in Srinagar, police said.
Guerrillas fired at Ghulam Muhammad Lone, a block president of the party, from a close range in Safakadal area of old city injuring him critically, a senior police officer told IANS.
“Lone received bullet wounds in neck and chest and was immediately taken to SMHS hospital where doctors were trying to revive him,” the officer said.
Police immediately rushed to the spot and the area was searched.
No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack.
- National Conference activist shot dead in Kashmir - Feb 18, 2011
- Militants kill National Conference activist in Kashmir - Dec 24, 2011
- Kashmir minister escapes bid on life, cop killed - Dec 12, 2011
- Cop shot dead in Srinagar, bunker removed from city centre (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Two girls injured in militant attack in Kashmir - Feb 16, 2011
- Militants kill National Conference worker in Srinagar - Jun 15, 2012
- Kashmir CPI-M activist shot by guerrillas - Jan 28, 2010
- Army colonel killed in Kashmir ambush - Jun 23, 2010
- Guerrillas kill cop in Srinagar - Sep 28, 2011
- Former militant, bystander shot at in Srinagar - Jun 07, 2012
- Two critically injured in continuing Kashmir violence - Sep 12, 2010
- Woman dies in Kashmir crossfire - Aug 22, 2011
- Police officer, bodyguard wounded in Srinagar attack - Jan 04, 2011
- Religious leader killed in Srinagar blast (Lead) - Apr 08, 2011
- Maulana opposed to stone throwing killed in Srinagar (Third Lead) - Apr 08, 2011