Naseer feels Vidya enjoys enviable position in filmdomDecember 29th, 2011 - 2:51 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 29 (IANS) Naseeruddin Shah, who worked with Vidya Balan in two films — “Ishqiya” and “The Dirty Picture”, believes that his co-star now holds an enviable position in the Hindi film industry.
“She is a marvellous actress. She has been very brave, not just worked very hard but she is courageous in her choice of work… It is a testimony to her courage that she is in a position that most of our leading ladies would envy her today,” the 61-year-old said at the music launch of his forthcoming film “Chaalis Chauraasi”.
Naseer further believes that Vidya is the only actress around whom a woman-centric script can be woven and added: “It’s a wonderful thing. So hats off to the girl.”
If he is highly impressed with Vidya, Naseer also admired Abhinay Deo’s “Delhi Belly”, which was scripted by Akshat Verma.
“‘Delhi Belly’! It was a very funny film. There is no compromise in the film except in the climax. It is not easy to make and script such a film. And the most important thing that the film, in which the audience’s finer sensibilities were completely ignored, was allowed to be made,” said Naseer who started his career with an off-beat film “Nishant” in 1975 before venturing into mainstream cinema with “Hum Paanch” in 1980.
In 2011, he was also seen in “7 Khoon Maaf”, “That Girl In Yellow Boots” and “Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara”.
His “Chaalis Chauraasi” is releasing Jan 13 next year and he also has “The Blueberry Hunt”.
- 'Delhi Belly' leads Screen nominations pack - Jan 06, 2012
- 'Rockstar' sweeps FICCI FRAMES awards - Mar 17, 2012
- 'Zindagi Na...' triumphs at Filmfare awards (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Bollywood woman power: Vidya, Ekta carry the baton - Dec 09, 2011
- Salman, SRK vie for best actor award - Dec 30, 2011
- 'Ishqiya' director moves from badlands to city - Mar 04, 2011
- 'Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara' leads IIFA nominations - May 04, 2012
- Bollywood went from gloom to glory, singing 'Ooh la la' (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 15, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' language might offend some: Director - May 16, 2011
- Buddy bonding between Hrithik, Farhan, Abhay (Film Snippets) - Jun 30, 2011
- Naseer looking forward to 'Dedh Ishqiya' with Madhuri - May 26, 2012
- Ranbir, Vidya best actors at 57th Filmfare awards - Jan 30, 2012
- Ranbir, Vidya declared best actors at 57th Filmfare awards (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- I've taken a chance by making woman-oriented movie: Bhardwaj - Feb 17, 2011
- 'Chaalis Chauraasi' tells tale of a freaky night (IANS Preview) - Jan 09, 2012
Tags: beat film, blueberry, climax, co star, delhi belly, filmdom, forthcoming film, funny film, hindi film industry, khoon, mainstream cinema, music launch, naseeruddin shah, nishant, sensibilities, two films, vidya balan, wonderful thing, yellow boots, zindagi